Complaint Review: Cellular One

• Updated: Thu, April 07, 2011

• Reported By: missy — Brookings Oregon USA
Cellular One
Dept.0203 Palatine, IL. 60055-0203 Palatine, Illinois United States of America

Cellular One US Cellular Don't provide data service in contract - want early termination fee desiteTHEIR inability to resolve issues Palatine, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: You have recourse, and they know it!

Despite numerous emails and calls to customer service and customer resolution, US Cellular will not let me out of 2 yr. contract - or even adjust my bills - when they can't/won't provide service signed up for in contract. I'm supposed to have data plan but have never been able to send an email - have spend hours on phone w/customer service and their tech department. Despite being unable to resolve the problem they're still charging me for data service and will not let me out of contract w/o charging $150 early termination fee. Have called and emailed for seven months and gotten no where. The phone they sold me is garbage - it stopped functioning correctly w/in three months after purchase. Local store closed after three months too - nearest US Cellular store is 2 hours from my home.

The worst part of this situation is my cell is also my home and my work phone. They're aware if all details from all the emails and calls I've made asking for assistance. I finally decided I wouldn't pay the $30 monthly fee for data service I wasn't getting. The first month I sent them less than "full payment", they shut off my service with no warning. No letter, no call - nothing. Nice people. Will have to retain attorney to resolve - but would rather give $$$ to attorney than give them one more dollar.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2011 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellular-One/Palatine-Illinois-60055-0203/Cellular-One-US-Cellular-Dont-provide-data-service-in-contract-want-early-termination-715240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellular One

You have recourse, and they know it!

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

If a carrier cannot provide service at the address at which they originally signed you up, they cannot legally enforce the "early termination" fee.

This is because they are in breach of that contract, not you.

File written complaints with the FTC, and also with your states' consumer protection division of the AG's office, as well as your public utility commission.

Figure out your actual losses, and file a written demand for compensation.

Send all communications via certified mail, return reciept requested.

Be sure to put the certified# in the body of the letter itself, and keep a copy for your records.

I can't see whay you let this go 7+ months.

I wouldn't have let it go 7 days!

Good luck!