Complaint Review: Cellular Plus

• Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By: Jacque1 — Columbus Georgia United States of America
Cellular Plus
4805-C Buena Vista Rd. Columbus, Georgia United States of America

Cellular Plus Page Plus FLASED a 4G Verizon phone and charged for 2G of Data but internet loads like an OLD dial up modem Columbus, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: bad flashing job

On 2/26/13, I took my Verizon 4g Motorola Razor phone to obtain their $55.75 monthly phone and internet plan which consisted of unlimited talk, text and 2G of internet data. Was advised by the owner that the phone would need to be flashed and the total cost to flash the phone and first month service would be $130.00. Owner advised that being that the phone was a Verizon phone once he flashed the phone it would not have the speed of a 4g phone but it would still use Verizon tower and it would have the speed of 3G. I was ok with the 3G speed because 3G does allow me to surf the internet with no lag time.

Picked the phone up 2 hours later. Got home, and here are the problems that I encountered. *Tried to send picture messages - error message received: invalid destination address * Tried logging onto internet It took anywhere from 40 seconds to 5 minutes before a page would load and once the page finally loaded it says no internet connection please try again. * Continued to receive system generated text messages stating I had a ZERO balance and I was not able to make phone calls.

2/27/13, I took the phone back and explained to the owner the problems I was having. His comments were As long as I was able to log onto the internet he did not see a problem because Verizon 4G phones are not supposed to be flashed anyways, he gives the phone back to me and walks away. His daughter then takes the phone and installs and app for TEXT messages in order for me to send picture messages and she tells me if I want to use the internet I should use WIFI. And that sometimes the phone will have gliches. I explained to her that this is not what I signed up for. I then asked for a refund and was told that I was not able to get a refund because the phone had been FLASHED but if I purchased a 3G phone or an Iphone they would transfer the # that they gave me for my 4G phone for FREE and then the internet would run faster.

I questioned why this information was not provided to me on 2/26/13 but received no answer. Had I been upfront about all ther issues I would have I would have never let them Flash the phone or paid the $130.00 All I wont is for this company to Credit my Credit Card back the $130.00

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 06:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellular-Plus/Columbus-Georgia-31907/Cellular-Plus-Page-Plus-FLASED-a-4G-Verizon-phone-and-charged-for-2G-of-Data-but-internet-1021787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellular Plus

bad flashing job

AUTHOR: Ninja502 - ()

4G phones are allowed on PPC, with either 1x or 3G speeds, if you're capable of modifying (or "flashing" them correctly), or if you pay a flashing service to do it. A lot of people are doing that, while many others stick with older 3G only Vzw smart phones, which require no modifications to work on PPC.

also its page plus corp policy that dealers NOT activate iphones on the network

any dealer caught doing so can have there dealer access pulled  and banned

there are people and web sites that can and will activate them , but page plus can terminate them at any time if that wish to do so

you also cant just goto walmart and buy a cheap prepaid phone as thats not allowed also by dealers

any verizon 3g phone should work as normal on page plus