Complaint Review: Cellular Sales Of Knoxville

• Submitted: Wed, April 20, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
Cellular Sales Of Knoxville
6609 Kingston Pike Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Cellular Sales Of Knoxville ripoff Intentional Misclassification of Employees as Independent Contractors Knoxville Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: What world do you live in?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: (CELLULAR SALES OF ASHEVILLE) 1 ROTTEN COMPANY

*UPDATE Employee: What can I do?

*Author of original report: Cellular Sales of Knoxville Update on the Crooks

This information is meant for all persons who may plan to do business with Cellular Sales of Knoxville, Inc. Said company is engaged in the business of acquiring Customer Service Agreements for Verizon Wireless. Each employee is intentionaly misclassified as an inedependent contractor, for the purpose of evading taxes.

On March 9, 2004, IRS issued a decision that an employee intentionally misclassified by Cellular Sales as an independent contractor was indeed an employee, and the defendant Cellular Sales was forced to pay all neccessary taxes. Further investigations by the states of Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia are now in progress. Fraud is a felony, also.

If you are employed by ANY company who intentionally misclassifies you as an independent contractor, you may go to www.irs.gov and download form SS-8; mail it and you will get your refund(s). (3 years)

Richard
Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2005 11:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellular-Sales-Of-Knoxville/Knoxville-Tennessee-37919/Cellular-Sales-Of-Knoxville-ripoff-Intentional-Misclassification-of-Employees-as-Independe-139669. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellular Sales Of Knoxville

What world do you live in?

AUTHOR: Getoverit - (U.S.A.)

I have been with CS for a while now. The Independent Contractor policy was clearly explained to me, as I'm certain it was to you. If your paper work was late, the you SHOULD have been fined. CS pays well and they pay on time. On behave of the 800+ reps that work at some 350+ locations all over, it is regrettable that you did not have the same experience that we all have. As we continue to build new stores, set new records and maintain the highest level of Customer Service scores of any VZW Indirect agent, i wish you the best in your future endeavors!

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

(CELLULAR SALES OF ASHEVILLE) 1 ROTTEN COMPANY

AUTHOR: Matthew - (U.S.A.)

I HAVE ALSO WORKED FOR THIS COMPANY!! OH, EXCUSE ME I WAS AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTER FOR THIS COMPANY WHICH WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST MISTAKES I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN MY LIFE.

I HAVE BEEN CHARGED UP TO A WHOLE PAYCHECK IN LATE FEES ON PAPER WORK WHEN THEY WERE TURNED IN BY DEADLINE. INSTEAD OF FLAT FEE OF $5 FOR IT BEING LATE I WAS CHARGED DAILY FOR EVERY PIECE WHICH I MIGHT ME TION AGAIN IT WAS STILL WITHIN THE SAME MONTH WHICH IS ACTUALLY NOT LATE, BUT MORGAN IN GREENSBORO DECIDED IT WAS.

YOU KNOW WHAT KILLED ME IS THAT THE MARKET MANAGER AND HIS GIRLFRIEND WERE DRIVING AROUND IN YUKON DENALIS WITH 20INCH RIMS AND IF YOUR NOSE WASN'T UP THEIR ASS IT WAS BAD SCHEDULE FOR YOU FOR THAT MONTH OR YEAR. THEN I WAS LATE ONE DAY AND CLOCKED IN LESS THAN 2MINUTES LATE AND I RECIEVED A FINE FOR $50 DOLLARS. THEN WHEN THIS WAS QUESTIONED MY PAYCHECK WAS HELD UNTILL THE FINE WAS PAID. ALMOST A MONTH!

I FINALLY BROKE DOWN AND PAID, EVEN KNOWING THIS WASN'T MORALLY OR ETHICALLY CORRECT, SO I COULD PAY MY BILLS. I WAS WORKING AT A LOCATION AND IT WAS MY SHIFT TO DO INVETORY AND THE GIRL THEIR WAS HELPING ME AND THERE WAS AN EMPTY PHONE BOX THAT WAS SCANNED INTO INVENTORY AND I WAS CHARGED $229 FOR A PHONE THAT I NEVER SEEN. DANE SCISM, DON, SCOTT, MIKE, AND KAITLYN HAVE THEIR VERY OWN CORNER OF HELL WAITING ON THEM FOR HOW THEY TREAT THEIR (CONTRACTERS) WELL EMPLOYEES.

I WAS THE KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THE FIELD OF CELLULAR AND SALES, EVEN OVER MR. BAKER BUT HE WOULD LIE AND BULLSHIT EVERY CUSTOMER. THEN WHEN DECIDED TO LEAVE THE COMPANY I KNEW THE CHECK WOULD BE HELD SO I KEPT THE PAPERWORK AND THE CASH THAT WAS DUE FOR MY PAPERWORK. SCOTT LOVE THEN TRIED TO BRIBE ME 6 MONTHS LATER SAYING I HAD ONLY ONE DEACTIVATION AND IF I WOULD SEND HIM A EMAIL TO CASH THAT CHECK HE WOULD SEND ME MY REMAINING BALANCE. I DECIDED NOT TO, IT HAD BEEN 6 MONTHS AND I DIDN'T NEED HIS DIRTY MONEY!

THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT BUST THEIR ASS DAILY FOR THIS COMPANY WHILE SCOTT AND DON GO BACK AND FORTH FROM GREENSBORO TO TENNESSEE BALLGAMES IN THEIR GAS GUZZLING SUVS AND THEN COME BACK IN ON MONDAY AND START LATE FINING AND CHARGING YOU FOR PHONE ACCESSORIES AND OTHER STUFF YOU NEVER TOOK.

I NEVER DISLIKED A GROUP OF PEOPLE SO MUCH. HOPE YOU GUYS ARE READING THIS BECASUE THE IRS WILL GET YOU SOON

ANONAMOUS

What can I do?

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

I work for this company. What can I do to change things? What does the IRS have in store for this company? Would it's employees be in any trouble?
I would greatly appreciate any more information you might have on this.

Cellular Sales of Knoxville Update on the Crooks

AUTHOR: Richard - (U.S.A.)

Attention local consumers! Beware of doing business with this company! You will be much better off going to the Verizon Wireless coorporate offices in Turkey Creek or on Callahan Drive. There you will deal with honest employees of a ligitimate company. If you go to a rented Cellular Sales location, you may be treated to the same types of abuse I saw while working for them as an employee. Not all employees of Cellular Sales are bad people, just the people in charge, and many of the salespeople, so buyer beware.

Cellular Sales threatened litigation against me for the last posting I put on this website, but backed out on the last hour of the last day, because this is the USA! While this company continues its un-American policy of treating its employees as independent contractors, and therefore denying them their rights under law, it continues to act in cowardly and dastardly ways toward any individual willing to tell the truth about them. Not to mention they hired a "Google Cloaker" to hide who they REALLY are! Would a real "company" do so? I have reported this to Google. I hope they jump on them as hard as the IRS is about to! Anyone who is willing to intentionally lie to every American they meet is a joke. A sick, sad, frathouse JOKE! Be smart and don't do business with this fraudulant company.