Complaint Review: Cellzum

• Submitted: Sat, August 25, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, August 25, 2012

• Reported By: Ripped Off — Austim Texas United States of America
Philippines Internet United States of America

Cellzum Cellzum.com, CellZum Concierge Service Unapproved "Premium" charges on Cell Phone Bill , Internet

Cellzum Concierge Service charged their services on my cell phone bill without my approval.  When I called my cell phone provider they suggested I call the company who charged me which appeared as Cellzum.com.

The website appears cheap and when I called the number provided the customer service representative stated that I may have gotten a "random" text message which is apparently part of their marketing plan.  I asked how they got my number but she couldn't tell me.  She didn't even have my name on record, just my phone number.  At this point it seems very much like a scam.

The Cellzum Representative stated they must have sent me a text message and that I must of responded "y" back to accept the charges.  However, this was never the case.

I never received a text message nor did I ever respond "y" to any text message.

The service representative who answered stated this was a company in the Philippines and she also was located in the Philippines.  The CEO of Cellzum is also Maria Johnson.
  Cellzum added $9.99 to my cell phone account without my knowledge or approval.  I currently seeking a refund of the charges through my cell phone provider.  Anyone who has auto-pay will probably pay for these unapproved services and be ripped off.   People should review their cell phone bills monthly for rip-offs like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cellzum/internet/Cellzum-Cellzumcom-CellZum-Concierge-Service-Unapproved-Premium-charges-on-Cell-Phone-932567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cellzum