Complaint Review: Cendant Corportation

• Submitted: Thu, February 07, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, February 07, 2008

• Reported By:Millbrae California
Cendant Corportation
40 Oakview Dr Trumbull, Connecticut U.S.A.

Cendant Corportation Takes Unauthored funds from American Express Account Trumbull Connecticut

Today it was discovered that Cendant (Trilegiant?) has been taking $12.99 per month from my American Express, since 8/17/2007.

American Express refunded the last two months and has applied to Cendant to voluntarily return the unauthorized prior funds received. They said that I would have to terminate the account to break the link Cendant has to my account. And I was told that I had to call Cendant (long distance) to try to stop the billing from occurring. Additionally I have to call AmEx every month to cancel each new transaction as AmEx cannot stop this even though I have never authorized the billing.

AmEx cannot stop Cendant from taking our money even though there is great recognition of this problem in the court and on the web!

I filed an online complaint at https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01 It was quite easy.

I will add more here if AmEx does not get back all my money, and/or if they cannot stop this altogether.

Our Debit Card was hit by the same related scams in mid-2007. Wells Fargo Bank easily put a stop to it and refunded all the money! All the same names were used.

Our financial security has been compromised, apparently irreparably.

Watch out, this will get worse as the Recession/Depression progresses. It looks like the Government is unable to control this for us and I am now beginning to worry about the ability of the major financial institutions too.

Millbrae, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2008 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cendant-Corportation/Trumbull-Connecticut-06611-4724/Cendant-Corportation-Takes-Unauthored-funds-from-American-Express-Account-Trumbull-Connect-307103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cendant Corportation