Complaint Review: Cendant - Days Inn

• Submitted: Mon, September 13, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 14, 2004

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
Cendant - Days Inn
2200 Sutherland Ave Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

Cendant - Days Inn Hotel Customer Contact Cendant unfair to Employees ripoff Knoxville Tennessee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: cendant management knows what is going on!!! ..cheaper for them to use and abuse people and then fire them to save on benefits

Thank you for your time.

I'm voicing my complaint as a former Days Inn Representative of six+ years employment with the aim to either deter others from persuing the same career or to advise them on what to expect as a Cendant employee.

I was terminated from my position as a hotel contact representative for Days Inn due to complications surrounding a medical condition known as Bell's Palsy.

I filed the proper forms and had doctors' recommendations to not go to work. In short, I followed all required proceedures. Yet, the powers that be, namely Jo Lana Bullock of the Knoxville, Tennessee Human Resources department, decieded to forego the proper outcome: to allow me time to recover, per approval of CORE (a company that handles health issues for Cendant employees).

I was terminated in early August. I had to get the assistance of a lawyer to get unemployment compensation. I recieved no medical reimbursment, tuituion reimbursement, and was denied all but $14 from my final paycheck because my APPROVED time-off had been reversed.

A large number of employees were termintated around the same time. Outsourcing was considered to be the reason. We, former Cendant employees, discussed the questionable methods by which Cendant evaluates pay raises and advancement opportunities. Most importantly, we felt the rights of all future Cendant employees should be insured with a Union, since Cendant quietly refuses to govern itself justly.

I have tried, on several occasions to alert someone in administration of what I consider to be a gross injustice, but for the moment I have received no response.

Thank you for reading.

Bryan
Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2004 10:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cendant-Days-Inn/Knoxville-Tennessee/Cendant-Days-Inn-Hotel-Customer-Contact-Cendant-unfair-to-Employees-ripoff-Knoxville-Ten-108259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cendant - Days Inn

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Jamie - (U.S.A.)

I am also a former Cendant employee.
I can only tell you that Cendant corp knows what is going on and will do nothing to stop it.

It's cheaper for them to use and abuse people and then fire them to save on benefits, and unemployment.

I worked for Fairfield (SC) FOR OVER 7 YEARS which is owned by Cendant. And like the other person I also has severe medical issues, and I was fired while out on short term disability.

They also fought my unemployment which I was denied!!!And no lawyer here will take my case.

It's the classic case of David going up against Goliath.Anyone considering going to work for this company should be prepared not to be treated like anything other than a number.