Complaint Review: Center For Credit Counseling

• Submitted: Tue, July 26, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, July 28, 2005

• Reported By:waltham Massachusetts
Center For Credit Counseling
1015 West Newport Center Drive Deerfield Bach, Florida U.S.A.

Center For Credit Counseling ripoff Deerfield Beach Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Consumer Credit Counseling...

I too am in the same situation. I however have been a client of CFCCS since Sept 2002. I recently tried to remortgage and was turned down. I requested a copy of my credit report. I could not beleive that it was worse then before I started with CFCCS. I am in the process of getting all of my information together. I think I will hire a attorney.
I have contacted the BBB, AG in Florida, FTC. I too can't get anywhere.

Teresa
waltham, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2005 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Center-For-Credit-Counseling/Deerfield-Bach-Florida/Center-For-Credit-Counseling-ripoff-Deerfield-Beach-Florida-151373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Center For Credit Counseling

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Consumer Credit Counseling...

AUTHOR: Lauri - (U.S.A.)

Teresa,

If you had read your contract w/CCCS carefully, then you'd have known that by getting your default extended, it would have a negative impact on your credit.

Of course, any CCCS program is voluntary...on both sides. Creditors DONT have to accept proposals, and you can drop them at any time.

Your best bet is to review your credit bureau, then contact your creditors DIRECTLY. Don't complain about CCCS...they won't care. But they do want the $$ back. Most will work with you on a direct payment plan, or will refer you to the collection agency they have hired.

No matter the situation, it's ALWAYS best to deal directly with your creditors.