Complaint Review: Center for Family & Cosmetic Dentistry

• Updated: Wed, March 16, 2011

• Reported By: Matt Milholen — Columbus Ohio United States of America
Center for Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
1 East Campus View Blvd Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Center for Family & Cosmetic Dentistry - Dr. Firouzian outrageous fees, broken and failing veneers, substandard aesthethics Columbus, Ohio

*Author of original report: statement

Dr. Firouzian placed veneers on my teeth about a year and a half ago. They were very large and bulky and looked far worse than my original teeth. After a year of haggling, he finally agreed to redo them. He admitted that they were "over exaggerated" and redid my veneers. They looked better, but still not great, and definitely not worth the $5000+ that I paid him. I wish now that I would have done more research and gone to a dentist that had the skills to do good cosmetic dentistry. It seemed like he was more concerned with selling me veneers than how they actually looked. The new veneers he installed have since started moving around -- the lateral incisors shift when I bite into food. Just last night one of the lateral incisors cracked and a big chunk fell off the bottom. When I called their office today, the receptionist was very curt and said they would have to get back to me on Monday to schedule an appointment. I would avoid this dentist at all costs for cosmetic work. I w as naive to blindly trust him. Now that I've done some research into porcelain veneers, I realize that he skipped or sped through some steps that better dentists would pay attention to. The least I can do is tell others so they don't experience the same problems.

Reasons he gave initially for the giant, "over-exaggerated" veneers that he installed were that he did not make a wax-up model before hand, so the laboratory had to craft the veneers using photographs only. Also, he said that the first laboratory he sent the veneers to was not a very good lab, but that they had a fast turnaround time. The second set of veneers he installed, he said he sent to a different lab which produced better results. Although the second set of veneers was better, they are not functional as one lateral incisor has already broke, and the other lateral incisor shifts in my mouth whenever I eat. I try to eat with my back teeth only to avoid moving the veneers and possibly damaging them.

I don't feel that these will last me 10 years and I feel that I wasted over $5000 on sub standard cosmetic dentistry.

This office is ruthless when it comes to upselling cosmetic dental procedures. Even the receptionists get in on the act. The cosmetic outcome in my case was way below what my expectations were. I've since looked at some of his case photos and I can see that he generally makes large, unbalanced teeth that appear more like dentures than natural teeth.

The whole office is rushed due to patients stacked back to back. It was impossible for the dentist to really spend the time required for a good cosmetic outcome because he was working on 2 or 3 of us at once.

Please be careful of this office. I wish I had never gone there. I'm looking at thousands of dollars to repair what's broken. I had a balance on my account of about $300. When I asked them to make an arrangement with me the head receptionist there sent my balance to a collection agency with a 40% fee tacked on. So I'm walking away from their office $5000 poorer and a bill from a legal office. I'm also walking away with a broken veneer and one that moves and will likely break or fail soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2011 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Center-for-Family-Cosmetic-Dentistry/Columbus-Ohio-43235/Center-for-Family-Cosmetic-Dentistry-Dr-Firouzian-outrageous-fees-broken-and-failin-684346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Center for Family & Cosmetic Dentistry

statement

AUTHOR: Matt Milholen - (United States of America)

"I am the Honest citizen who posted comments about Dr. Firouzian regarding the veneers he placed on my teeth

about a year and a half ago.  After posting those comments, I am pleased to report that Dr. Firouzian did offer to correct my veneers that cracked or were loose at no cost to my satisfaction.  I now believe that he was sincere and diligent in his efforts to meet my expectations.  His willingness to correct any deficiencies demonstrates his concern for his patients."