Complaint Review: Central Chevrolet Dealership Ronald W. and Sylvia Myres

• Submitted: Wed, May 16, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, May 16, 2001

• Reported By:San Ramon CA
Central Chevrolet Dealership Ronald W. and Sylvia Myres
4000 Executive Parkway San Ramon, California U.S.A.

Central Chevrolet Dealership, rip-off

Husband Took his 1998 Chevrolete Pick-up in for a $600.00 Tuneup.
This was November, 2000, I remember as we had it tuned for a trip to Los Angeles for Thansgiving. Well, they kept the truck all day and at around 5:00 p.m. called my husband and told him that the truck was ready. When he got to the Dealers, the receptionist informed him that the Manager needed to share something with him and that it would be a moment. He heard the receptionist say to another employee "Did you hear about Kevin, he got fired."

My husband was ushered into Managers office to be told that after tuning up his truck they had an employee take the truck through the car wash, that they have on the premises, that they had just had installed. It seems that with my husbands rack on the top, heavy gauge steel and a camper shell too, that it did not clear and the mechanism came down on the roof of the truck and severely dented it in.

They offered to "Make it good" by showing my husband the $600.00 bill for the tune-up and a "wrecked truck". They offered to sell him a new truck...not give any restitution for damage that we would have to divulge to the "next owner". To make a long story short, we filed a claim with our State Farm agent, who gave us $1500.00 of a $3500.00 bid to have this vehicle fixed. We still have to divulge to the new ower the previous damage. We have not had it fixed as we are in fear that State Farm will hassle with us for the remainder of the $1500.00 that would be due upon repairs. They may even have to take the entire top off to repair. State Farm Admitted that they send all their repairs (auto damage) to Central Chevrolet. I plan on filing a liability claim against them, and will do this soon, prior to November 2001.

State Farm and Central Chevrolet have a conflict of interest and neither really took care of the customer, my husband and myself. What to do but file a report RIGHT HERE AND NOW THAT WILL STAY ON THIS LOG FOREVER....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Central-Chevrolet-Dealership-Ronald-W-and-Sylvia-Myres/San-Ramon-California-94583/Central-Chevrolet-Dealership-rip-off-5174. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Central Chevrolet Dealership Ronald W. and Sylvia Myres