Complaint Review: Central Coast Nutraceuticals

• Submitted: Tue, November 11, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, November 18, 2008

• Reported By:Woodstock Georgia
Central Coast Nutraceuticals
705 Northbrook Dr Largo, Florida U.S.A.

Central Coastal Nutraceuticals Ordered 30day trial of AcaiPure, $4.95 s/h. Rec'd it plus unordered gum($10.00) and water ($30). Cannot reach by phone(waits are 40-min) Largo Florida

*Consumer Comment: MY CONVERSATION WITH GRAHAM GIBSON, THE CEO OF CENTRAL COAST NUTRACEUTICALS

Ordered 30day free (4.95 s/h) trial of AcaiPure. Received it along with gum and water, not ordered which added another 39.90.

Can reach no one by phone. Reply to my e-mail was to have come w/in 48 hrs. and have received none.

Total of 44.85 is already on my statement to be paid next month and I want to return unordered items w/or w/o a return number. Afraid total will not be removed from statement.

Carol
Woodstock, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2008 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Central-Coast-Nutraceuticals/Largo-Florida/Central-Coastal-Nutraceuticals-Ordered-30day-trial-of-AcaiPure-495-sh-Recd-it-plus-390152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Central Coast Nutraceuticals

MY CONVERSATION WITH GRAHAM GIBSON, THE CEO OF CENTRAL COAST NUTRACEUTICALS

AUTHOR: Mewsical - (U.S.A.)

I have previously reported on my experiences with Central Coast Nutraceuticals, and would like to report on my conversation with Graham Gibson, the owner of Central Coast.

This conversation occurred because I called Mr. Gibson on his cellphone, and I have provided the number already. Within an hour of my doing so, I got a return call from Mr. Gibson's place of business, in Phoenix, AZ. I do have that location and direct number, but I told Mr. Gibson I would not make that public, for the sake of other tenants in the office suite.

Several things Mr. Gibson told me. He has had complaints filed against him with the Attorney General of Arizona, but he says the files are always closed. Although the language of the 'free trial' offer is vague, ambiguous and totally misleading, it is in fact legal. I begged to differ and suggested he hire a reputable lawyer to create a new offer, which is clearer to the consumer. He said he would consider doing so.

I told him the biggest problem that consumers are experiencing is the ridiculously long hold times to get their problems resolved. He seemed to think that it was okay to have someone hold on the phone for an hour. I disabused him of that idea. He did tell me that, while he and I were on the phone, there were 225 calls in the queue, waiting for a customer service rep to come on the line. The explanation is very simple and it was not Mr. Gibson who answered this question for me, but someone who works in the same building.

There are ONLY FIFTEEN OR SO CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS working the phones. Mr. Gibson is well aware of this discrepancy but of course it works in his favor, because most people will simply give up, allowing Central Coast to keep the money and continue to take money, at the tune of $39.95 per month. He did tell me he is trying to hire more people, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. The company is, according to him, doing huge business. However, based on the amount of callers in the queue - 225 - I would imagine that these are enraged consumers trying to get their money back, not people wishing to congratulate the company on doing such a great service to the American public.

Mr. Gibson wishes to be well thought of in the Arizona business community, but in truth he is a shark swimming in an ocean of denial.