Complaint Review: Central Portfolio Control

• Updated: Fri, October 05, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — Tulsa Oklahoma United States of America
Central Portfolio Control
6640 Shady Oak Rd #300 Eden Prairie, Minnesota United States of America

Central Portfolio Control Dean Christian Letter is No Longer Vaild Eden Prairie, Minnesota

We received a letter in the mail from Central Portfolio Control with a settlement option to pay off the amount in 6 months. So last month we sent in 2 payments of $75 each. Well the next month I received a phone call at work from Kristin Davis asking me if if I would like to pay this off today. I said no we are sending you payments already. She went on to say well we need to set this up as a secure payment plan. I said I don't understand... why are you calling me if we are making payments? She said it's not secure, I said you are harassing me and we are making payments? and don't ever call me at work this is my work number!

She turned up the volume on her side of the phone and said don't raise your voice with me and went on about how I have to set up a secure payment option! I of course asked again why I would do that when we are already making payments and then she explains that it has to be that was or it will not be valid or something like that. I said I still don't understand why you are calling me @ work to harass me when when have made 2 payments already! She transfers me to Dean Christian and he say's since you don't understand the letter you received is "no longer!"

I asked no longer? so you can just cancel the arrangement just like that? He again says " let me make this clear the letter is no longer!" Confused and frustrated I hung up. Reported them to the BBB and then found out who owns the debt and ask a rep from the company that hires CPC if I can make payments anymore? He was amazed that they would tell me that my letter is no longer valid and said get the letter and try calling them back tomorrow and if they won't help you call me back and I will fix it to were you can make payments to us..

So today I called CPC back and they must of already got a call from BBB cause I was sent to person that had my case on file. He reviewed the letter and apologized and said to continue to pay on the 6 month to what the letter stated and after it's paid he will send out a payment in full conformation letter. I feel they were trying to bully me and scare me into paying it off in full when we already were making the payments we could afford. Then using scare tactics to make think we couldn't even make the rest of our payments either... I really hope some how this company gets shut down for the way the go about there business!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2012 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Central-Portfolio-Control/Eden-Prairie-Minnesota-55344-7710/Central-Portfolio-Control-Dean-Christian-Letter-is-No-Longer-Vaild-Eden-Prairie-Minnesot-951240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Central Portfolio Control