Complaint Review: Central/Allright Parking

• Submitted: Sat, April 30, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, April 30, 2011

• Reported By: FRAYA — Nashville Tennessee USA
Central/Allright Parking
840 Newport Center Drive Suite 720 Newport Beach, California United States of America

Central/Allright Parking "Handicapped Parkers Also Ticketed" Newport Beach, California

*Consumer Comment: More California stupidity

I am a handicapped driver, with a permanent handicapped placard in my vehicle at all times. I received a parking ticket/trespassing notice on 4/26/2011. I was parked in a handicapped spot and my handicapped placard was clearly displayed hanging from my rearview mirror. I also got one of these notices on 3/28/2011 (My birthdate). Both of these tickets were $5.00 and after 14 days extra fees are added. I called the 800 number to find out why I was given a ticket when my handicapped placard was clearly displayed and the expiration date is 8/31/2011. The representative told me that those were the rules and regulations and she just told people that they could mail the payment or payments in the envelope provided in check or money order or pay online. She also informed me that the ticket I was issued on the 28th of March was no longer $5.00 but fees had increased it to $22.00. I was polite and told her that I had never paided to park in a handicapped spot, and I only had to write down my placard number,expiration date and phone number.

It really doesn't make sense for a handicapped driver to pay to park in a designated handicapped parking space. I tried several times to access the the website to pay these tickets and each time it took me to another state other than Tennessee and I put in the complete address and ended up on Ripoff Report and boy am I glad I did. I am not send these theives a dime. They violated my rights as a handicapped citizen. I will be contacting the ADA, BBB, and the Federal
Trade Commission. Let it be known that there is no honor among thives and they are not going to
get away with this scam, and the truth is coming out day by day, and they will be exposed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2011 12:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CentralAllright-Parking/Newport-Beach-California-92660-6312/CentralAllright-Parking-Handicapped-Parkers-Also-Ticketed-Newport-Beach-California-723900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Central/Allright Parking

More California stupidity

AUTHOR: JAFO - (USA)

If you were in a private pay-to-park lot, you pay like everybody else.  California law allows HC drivers to park on public streets with metered parking for free.  This does not apply to private property.  If they have not ticketed you for failing to pay in the past, you might have an argument to get out of your most recent ticket but after that, you are on notice that you must pay.