- Report: #144168
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Centric Group Aka Centric Group Discount Travel Club
Centric Group Aka Centric Group Discount Travel Club9811 W. Charleston Blvd Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.
Centric AKA Centric Group Discount Travel bait and switch high-pressure telemarketing scam, these guys are good at it Las Vegas Nevada
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1ST ITEM: I just filed a small claims suit against them and am waiting for a court date after they get served the papers by the Marshall's office. I paid the fee to have the Marshall's Office serve the papers because I'll get the money back in my award(along with all other court costs...) when I win. Here's a link the the Clark County Small Claims Court so that you can file, too:
2ND ITEM: I have also filed a complaint with the Nevada Attorney General's Office, Bureau of Consumer Protection Division. Forms are available to download, fill out, and mail from this website:
Send the A.G.'s Office a copy of everything you received in your Credit Card package, er, uh, I mean "Travel Package" (what a joke, eh?), including a copy of the cancelled check if you have it. Mine was an electronic check that they printed and then they submitted it to my bank.
3RD ITEM: The Federal "Do Not Call List" has a complaint form that you can fill out online. If they get enough of these complaints, they will fine these scumbags BIGTIME (as in 5 figures- $10,000+/occurance). You must first check to make sure your number has been in their database for at least 90 days. Fortunately, mine has been there for 9 months. Here's the link to file your Federal "Do Not Call" Complaint:
Here's my advice (although I'm just an "average Joe", and not a lawyer...):
File all three items mentioned above. If ENOUGH OF US GET INVOLVED and file, then:
1) The Nevada Attorney General will sieze all of their assets (computers, phone systems, copiers, bank accounts, etc) and we'll get our money back when the Attorney General is done prosecuting them and auctions off all of their stuff,
2) The U.S. Federal Government will asses BIG FINES so they won't have anymore startup capital, and,
3) You will get your money from small claims court when they don't show up to contest it!
I'd like to see some other legal suggestions from others who have initiated some sort of legal prosecution. KEEP US UPDATED!!!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2005 12:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centric-Group-Aka-Centric-Group-Discount-Travel-Club/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89117/Centric-AKA-Centric-Group-Discount-Travel-bait-and-switch-high-pressure-telemarketing-scam-144168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.