Complaint Review: Centric Group

• Submitted: Wed, February 16, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, February 16, 2005

• Reported By:Garner North Carolina
Centric Group
9811 West Charleston Blvd Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Centric Group ripoff Las Vegas Nevada

On 2/14/05 I received a call at work from Emily (Employee 82086) saying that she was with the Centric Group and that I was pre-approved for a MasterCard with a $2,500 limit and 0% interest. I asked what the fee was and I was told that it was a one time fee of $369.00. I was also told that I would receive a free vacation as part of an effort to boost air travel since 9/11.

I gave Emily my social security number, bank account information, address, etc. She then told me that she would be transferring me to someone else to confirm the information I had given her. A guy came on the line and said that the call was being recorded and confirmed the information I had given Emily.

After I hung the phone up I began to think that something about this deal was fishy so I went to the internet and looked them up. Immediately I saw the "Rip-off Reports." I read a couple and immediately tried to contact them using the 800 number but got nothing but a busy signal.

I went to my bank and was advised to open a new account and did so, however, I ended up with $128.00 in NSF charges because if I would have left enough money in my old account to cover the items that had not cleared the bank, Centric may have still been able to process their draft. My bank did agree to reverse half of the NSF charges so at least I am only out $64.00 so far.

I eventually got in touch with the Centric Group on 2/14 and requested that the contract be cancelled. I was told I would have to call back on 2/15/05. I finally got up with them again on 2/15/05 and requested that the contract be cancelled and told the guy it was nothing but a scam, which he denied, and I was told that a manager would review my request and make a decision. I informed him that my bank account was closed and asked to be notified when the contract was closed. I was told that I would have to call back on 2/16/05 as it was not possible for them to call out. (Wonder how they called me in the first place then???)

I requested the name of the issuing bank for the MC and was told that information could not be given out. I called back to confirm the cancellation on 2/16/05 and was told that I needed to call back on 2/18/05.

I have filed a complaint with the State of North Carolina Attorney General. These people need to be stopped. Guess I am fortunate that to date all I am out is $64.00 plus the time and effort of having to contact other business contacts and give them my new bank account information.

Danny
Garner, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2005 09:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centric-Group/Las-Vegas-Nevada/Centric-Group-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-131563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centric Group