Complaint Review: Centrylink

• Updated: Thu, August 21, 2014

• Reported By: Brent — Highland Utah
Centrylink
Nationwide USA

Centrylink Promised a "loyalty discount" that would save me money, but didn't deliver... Salt Lake City Nationwide

Centurylink's bill crept up (from $65) over a couple of years to where I was paying nearly $100 for basic phone service and internet.  This was extremely frustrating when I saw them offering service for $19.99 per month on tv.  I get that you offer a deal to get new customers, but it is absurd that loyal customers pay double to tripple the price for internet.

I called in and spoke with a nice representative that looked my account over and said that he could both increase my speed (which I didn't ask for) and lower my total bill to about $71 per month.  Great, let's do it I said.

A month later, my bill acctuall went up over $105.  I called in and spend a long time with the represenative who said to just pay $93 and it would go down to the $71 the next month.  I did as suggested and got another bill for $95 this month.

This time, I tried the chat service.  I spoke with a nice represenative who said she didn't have any "offers" that would put me in that price range.  I explained that I wasn't asking for new offers, I was asking the company to do what it promised two months ago.

She escalated me to her supervisor, Tabitha, and we had the same conversation.  In circles we went.  Me - I want you to just give me what was promised.  Her - we don't have offers that can do that.  Me- I am not asking about current offers.  Her- I can't help you.  Me - will you please pull the call.  Her- we only use those for training purposes and probably have deleted it.  Me- Look, I worked in a call center for ten years, I know you can still pull the call. Her - sorry, I can't do anything.

Tabitha was nice and profesional, but it became clear that the company had promised something she sould not find a way to deliver.  Finally, she promised to have her supervisor, Lance call me.

What bothers me most is the inability for the company to say, "we made a major mistake."  We did promise something that we can't deliver.  We will make it up to you with a small one time credit and we will be sure to find out who made the promise and retrain him.  That would have made me happy.  But the company dug in its heals, never apoligized, and didn't give a darn that one of its employees was giving customers wrong information (which he will keep on doing because they don't care).

A quick Google search reveals that this is a common problem with the company.

Come on companies, show some compasion and understanding, and be willing to admit your mistakes and do something small to make up for it.  That is all it takes to turn around a situation like this.  It isn't rocket science.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2014 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centrylink/nationwide/Centrylink-Promised-a-loyalty-discount-that-would-save-me-money-but-didnt-deliver-1171301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centrylink