Complaint Review: Centuria Steel Bldgs Corp

• Updated: Mon, March 03, 2014

• Reported By: Dick — Bokchito Oklahoma
Centuria Steel Bldgs Corp
400 Island Ave for 200 Bradley St McKees Rocks, Pennsylvania USA

Centuria Steel Bldgs Corp Rocket Steel Bldgs, Aztec Steel, Bldgs, Bolt-A-Frame 400 Failure to deliver 30 x 50 x 14 steel building within 90 days of charging $3200.00 deposit to my visa card. McKees Rocks Pennsylvania

Aug 29, 2013 signed contract for delivery of one 30' x 50' x 14' steel building with Rocket Steel Bldg/Centuria Steel Bldg Corp.  McKees Rocks, Pa.  Contract stated a delivery date of Oct 2013.

Aug 30, 2013 Aztec Steel Bldg charged my visa card $3200.00 for deposit on building with $8600.00 due upon delivery of the building.

Sep 6, 2013 received 2 sets of engineer signed plans from Kenneth Lee Steel Bldgs of Highlands Ranch, Co.  Plans had name of Bolt A Frame, McKees Rocks, Pa., UPS left tied to locked front gate.

Oct 16, 2013 called Rocket Steel to inquire of delivery date.  Joe Ford stated salesman I dealt with (Mike Rey) was not available.  He further stated building was still in manufacture, no delivery date available.  I questioned this, since the building I was to have purchased was sold as a "surplus" buildiing in inventory.  He advised "shipping" would contact me with delivery details.  I confirmed my phone number and e-mail were both on file, and it was a must I was notified in time to have the cashier's check for balance due upon delivery.

Oct 23, 2013 called for update, Marty advised shipping was in a meeting, would have my call returned.  No call ever returned.

Nov 6, 2013 called for update, Joe Ford advised he would check with shipping.  I advised him if he could not get me a firm delivery date I was denying the deposit charge and declaring the transaction a scam.  I received a very irrational F-bomb laced rant, I would not get a refund, I would not get the building and "they" would own my house,  then he hung up.  I called back and stated let's try this again, I had not raised my voice or used profanity, why should he.  Stating "that's how I roll" he was to have checked with shipping and advised delivery no later than Nov 18, 2013.  He left voicemail later that day stating Nov 18 was not a good date, due to my "small" order, they would advise when a truck was delivering in my area.

Nov 11, 2013 called again, got voicemail, left message for callback, none received.

Nov 13, 2013 called again, Ritchie stated shipping in a meeting would leave "page" for them to call me back, none received.

Dec 2, 2013 I initiated credit card charge denial due goods not delivered within 90 days of tender of partial payment.

Jan 15, 2014 I received transmittal from my credit union with rebuttal to denial of charges.  Enclosed was the (handwritten) rebuttal from the CFO of Aztec Steel Bldg, a Mr. William Suboski (?) poor handwriting and poor copy.  He stated that the deposit of $3200.00 was for the engineered plans for "the exact building, on the  exact location", meeting all requirements.  Further stating that this fullfilled their contractual obligation.  I called the engineer in Colorado who sent the plans and was told they were "stock" plans that sell 3 sets for $100.00, but he sent me 2 more sets at no charge.  How can Aztec Steel Bldg even entertain not attempting delivery of the building, then claim $3200.00 for $100.00 plans?  Dick/Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2014 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centuria-Steel-Bldgs-Corp/McKees-Rocks-Pennsylvania-15136/Centuria-Steel-Bldgs-Corp-Rocket-Steel-Bldgs-Aztec-Steel-Bldgs-Bolt-A-Frame-400-Failur-1127854. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centuria Steel Bldgs Corp