Complaint Review: Centurion Financial Benefits

• Submitted: Mon, October 04, 2004
  • Updated: Mon, October 04, 2004

• Reported By:Soutlake Texas
Centurion Financial Benefits
33 Elm St. Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Centurion Financial Benefits rip-off! Champlain New York

I was contacted by phone on Oct. 4, 2004 about receiving a Mastercard with a $2,000.00 credit limit. I was told that I had been approved. When I told them that I did not remember applying for such a card they said that I must have at some point and that I was definitely approved for the $2000.00 credit limit with ability to get cash advances, etc.

This would be mine for a one time fee of $249.00 to be taken from my checking account. I admit that I was concerned and voiced those concerns. I asked questions about the fact that there were no hidden fees and that this was not a card that could only be used for ordering from a specific catalog or company. I was assured that it wasn't. I asked for a customer service number and what my assurances were that I would get the card. They gave me a number and said I would have a reference number to call with any questions.

Stupidly, I went along. I was trying to check them out on the web while talking with them but wasn't finding anything in the time I was talking with them. I was told that I couldn't cancel due to the fact that I would definitely be getting the card and could only cancel once the card was received. This they said was because once put through it could only be stopped and canceled once the card was received.

After finishing, I immediately began looking for more information. I called the customer service number and was told that they answer for a group of companies and not just Centurion Financial Benefits. This worried me even more.

I found your website and the complaints there. I called the "so-called customer service and asked to cancel the transaction. They said I couldn't even though it had just happened within the last hour or so. I asked for a supervisor. They refused. I asked for another number or to speak with someone else that was actually at the company. They refused. It got to a point where they were telling me to file a complaint and stop payment on the check which I will do.

I looked for them on the Better Business Bureau and found nothing on this name but many other complaints on a group of companies operating out of a now canceled P.O. Box 3374 in Champlain, NY that used the exact same scams. We are talking about 8 or more different companies all with the same scam. Complaints to the BBB have gone unresolved and the people have not gotten their money back. They apparently run this scheme under one name and then switch when things get hot under that name.

These people should be prosecuted. I just wish I had found this site prior to authorizing them. Now I have the problem of making sure they don't take the money out on the 12th. I have the problem of making sure they don't take it out under one of the many company names they go under since it is not a specific check number they will try and proceed under.

Any suggestions out there? Thanks for your help.

James
Soutlake, Texas

STOP! ..before you think about using the Better Business Bureau (BBB)... CLICK HERE to see how other consumers were victimized by the BBB's false or misleading information. Don't be fooled! It has been reported, when there are thousands of complaints and other investigations underway by authorities, the BBB has no choice but to finally give an UNsatisfactory rating to a BBB member business that is paying the BBB big membership fees every year. When a business is reported that is NOT a BBB member, BBB files WILL more likely show an UNsatisfactory rating, then reportedly shake down that company to become a member of the BBB. One positive thing about the BBB is, either way, if a business has an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB, you can be sure, the business is bad. But what about all those BBB member businesses that had complaints filed against them? Consumers never get to hear about them. What about the BBB advertising to the public? Is this a false and misleading perception they are giving about consumer confidence when dealing with a business? Click here to understand more of what consumers and business alike are saying about the BBB. You decide. ..Remember. The BBB membership is not earned, it's paid for!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2004 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centurion-Financial-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Centurion-Financial-Benefits-rip-off-Champlain-New-York-111334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centurion Financial Benefits