Complaint Review: Centurion Financial Benefits

• Submitted: Tue, December 07, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, December 07, 2004

• Reported By:Lubbock Texas
Centurion Financial Benefits
33 Elm St Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Centurion Financial Benefits ripoff Champlain New York

I was receiving numerous calls on my wireless phone about an unsecured credit card with a credit limit of $2,000.00 and 0% interest for 3yrs, just pay 249.00 for card processing fees. I was advised that when they received my payment I would receive a Master Card with in 25 business days. I asked that if they could just send me information to read over and then I could decide if I would like the card. She advised before she could send anything, I would have to give them the 249.00 upfront and then they would send me the card in the mail with in 25 days and all the paper work with it. I asked, When I receive the card, am I able to cancel the card and receive my 249.00 back and refunded. The operator advised me that yes I was able to receive my money back as long as I do not activate the credit card. She said there are no cancellation fees or interest so she didn't understand why I would want to cancel anyway. I again asked, but I do have that option to cancel the card and receive a refund. She again advised me yes. I advised her to let me discuss this with my wife because I was on a business trip for the state. She called me back a couple days later and I did talk to my wife and she said I guess try it since they said you could cancel and receive a refund and we could use it for Christmas and build my credit higher.

25 days later I received a packet with a rebuild your credit pamphlet and a credit card application for a prepaid credit card and a lot of sales offers. I called the company and they told me that I was paying for an application to a credit card and to bad you don't get your money back and there is no refunds. I was outraged. I advised her of what the sales rep had told me and she said, to bad, we have it on a recorded line. What they had on a recorded line was just me giving my information and saying yes I understood that the there would be a debit and no cancellation. I figured no cancellation of the debit. A total scam! I have contacted my bank and they are going to help me as much as possible, I contacted media who will be doing a story, I will file a police report and I will also contact the Better business Bureau. These people have to stop. They lied to me and laughed when I called and said I was going to contact people about this. I have filed on BBB, FTC, reported to my police dept., called the media/news who is doing an interview with me, contacted my bank which was the FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO! and they are working on getting me a refund. These bastards are under the BBB for upstate NY and are under Centurian Mastercard.

Jacob
Lubbock, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2004 09:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centurion-Financial-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Centurion-Financial-Benefits-ripoff-Champlain-New-York-121649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centurion Financial Benefits