Complaint Review: Centurion Financial Benefits

• Submitted: Mon, October 25, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, November 05, 2004

• Reported By:Fort Worth Texas
Centurion Financial Benefits
33 Elm St. Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Centurion Financial Benefits sounds good and all but definitely a major rip-off!! Champlain New York

*Consumer Comment: Research Saved me Money

I rec'd 2 phone calls on Oct.25,2004. I wasn't able to answer the first call due to being at work and the call came through on my cell. I attempted to call the number back and got a cell phone's voicemail box system that was full and would'nt allow you to leave a message. I thought maybe it was a friend of mine trying to reach me based on the "888" number that showed up on my caller ID. About 2 1/2 hours later, my cell phone rings again from the same "888" number so I decide to answer it and see who is trying to reach me.

After introducing herself to me as "Nicole Waters" and gave me the name of the company, she stated that I had been approved for a 2000.00 line of credit. I proceded to ask her where she had gotten my information from and she told me that I had applied for credit a while back from an affiliate and that my info came from them. Well it was true that I had applied for a line of credit a while back, but I wasn't approved. I wondered how in the world could I have not been approved with one company but approved with you.

My radars went off!!! She then proceeded to explain how there would be 0% interest and no annual fees for 3 years and on the 4th year, I would have a fixed interest of 8%. After agreeing that this would be okay, she then asked me a few questions like verification of my name, address, phone number etc. I verified those things and then she asked who my banking was done with and then wanted my social.

I never give out my social security over the phone, so I voiced that and she then asked for the last 4 of the social. At that point, I became very leery, because I felt she had everything on me. I did verify the last four and she then told me that for accepting the card, Sprint PCS would be sending me a free cell phone.(More bull@#$% to rope you in!)

When she got to the point of telling me that the 249.00 fee would have to be debited from my account, I immediately told her that I would not give her that kind of info over the phone and that she could send everything to me in writing if that was part of the procedure. She did not want to send out anything and said that was the only way that I could get the card was to set it up over the phone and give them my info. That was not acceptable to me so she said she would decline the card.

I really hope and pray these people are stopped. Had I not checked the internet on these people, I'm sure I would be out of 249.00, no free cell phone from Sprint, and no 2000.00 credit line from Mastercard.

I am a young, single parent who doesn't have a lot of money. I have a 7 year old daughter that I am raising on my own and for people of that caliber to try to scam others out of money really pisses me off. I'm sure they have families to take care of! How would they like it if someone scammed them out of some money. I'm a firm believer of what goes around, comes around. Thank you so much for this website and allowing me to share my experience with others.

Michele
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2004 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centurion-Financial-Benefits/Champlain-New-York-12919/Centurion-Financial-Benefits-sounds-good-and-all-but-definitely-a-major-rip-off-Champlai-114487. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centurion Financial Benefits

AUTHOR: Patrick - (U.S.A.)

I have very little to say that has not already been covered. Save this; This company did in fact call me on the 1st of November with the same offer of 0% APR for 3 Years and 8% Fixed for the life of the card with a $2000.00 spending limit as previously described. They also stated that I could balance transfer from my other credit cards (of which I have none) to Centurian's Card upon recieving it in the mail, and that it would be two weeks before I would receive the card.

Knowing full well that my credit score is about as low as one could have, and that I can not (for no lack of trying)obtain credit to cover the cost of a loaf of bread; I became immediately suspicious of the offer. I then asked what bank they represented; I was told by "Angelica" "we are direct representatives of Master Card Financial." I thought this was an unacceptable answer as in my experience most if not all cards are backed by a bank name, i.e. CitiBank, Bank Of America etc.

At this point I was asked if I would be interested in the offer. I only implied that the offer sounded so good that it cant be true and certainly not without strings if indeed it was true at all. I was told that there was no annual fee and that was due to a one time charge of $249.99 that would be deducted from my checking account.

I have been hit in the past for 149.00 by a program such as this. So this time I simply said that I would not able to afford a fee of that nature until the 5th of Novenber. So taday they called back. Only this time I told them that I would have to check them out as I have had an unpleasant experience with a deal just like this in the past. I stated that I was in the Military, which is true, and that Military personnel have increasingly become targets of scams that sound like just like this.

She gave me their contact info and customer service number and ivited me to call them back once I had completed my investigation. I just got off the phone with "Angelica" and simply used Google to research the Centurian Financial. The query returned some 40 results, this site being one of them. The Contact information she gave me matches the address for Centurian Financial.

Needless to say, I will not be returning a call to "Angelica" at any time. I definately thank you and the other sites that have posted this information for the good of the consumer. You have assisted in protecting yet another Service Member from this type of fraud. I will update if I am too receive any further contact from this company. I have also submitted this same information to my Law Enforcement Desk. I am in fact a sergeant in the military police. This information is going to be posted as warning to other service members at Nellis AFB concerning this company, in an email, by tomorrow morning by our Security Forces Group Commander.