Complaint Review: Centurion Financial Benefits

• Submitted: Fri, October 29, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, November 03, 2004

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
Centurion Financial Benefits
33 Elm Street Champlain, New York U.S.A.

Centurion Financial Benefits Ruthless credit card scam artists ripped me off for $249 Champlain New York

*Consumer Comment: Received package from Centurion asking for $24.95 for Mastercard

*Consumer Suggestion: Don't Stop There, PayByWeb has Access to the Voice Recording

I received a call from a woman (I don't remember her name) who identified herself and said she was calling from Centurion Financial Benefits. She was very pleasant to me over the phone. She told me that I was approved for a MasterCard with a limit of $2000. There would be no interest rate for 3 years. I explained to the representative that I did not apply for the card and she explained that I had applied for a MasterCard in the past and was declined but that I qualified for one through her company. I asked the representative if I could have some time to think this over. She informed me that she would call me in a couple of days. I looked up Centurion Financial Benefits under the BBB and did not find any information about them.

I then (like an idiot) assumed that the company was legitimate. The representative (the same one) called me a couple of days later and I gave her my checking account information over the phone. She informed me that the conversation would be recorded. I was told that I would receive the card in 20 to 25 business days but more than likely I would get the card sooner. This transaction took place on 1 October 2004 but was actually debited from my account on 4 Oct 04.

I began to wonder if this company was legitimate so I did a search on the Internet and what I found made me sick to my stomach. I thank God for this website.

In an attempt to get a refund I called Centurion Financial Benefits (1-866-784-0260) and to my horror the phone was answered Customer Service. A legitimate business would have given the business name upon answering. When I questioned the woman about the credit card I was quickly transferred to a lady who was very impatient and abrupt. She became very angry when I asked for a refund. She also reminded me that the conversation was recorded. She told me I was not going to get a refund and that she would sign a complaint against me for harassment and not to ever call her again. She then slammed the phone down. I then went to my bank but was told that they could not do anything because I had authorized the transaction.

Sissy
San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2004 04:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centurion-Financial-Benefits/Champlain-New-York/Centurion-Financial-Benefits-Ruthless-credit-card-scam-artists-ripped-me-off-for-249-Cham-115275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centurion Financial Benefits

Received package from Centurion asking for $24.95 for Mastercard

AUTHOR: Sissy - (U.S.A.)

I received a package from Centurion with some junk mail enclosed. I was also sent a form with the MasterCard logo for a Stored value card. They have the audacity to ask for an additional $24.95 for prepaid credit card along with my social security number. Why would I want this when I have a debit card and why would I even want to do business with them when I know they are scam artist. This is crazy!!!!

Are these people for real or what? They really need to be stopped.

Has anyone listened to the voice recording to see if they (Centurion) is recorded telling us that we would received this credit card for $249.00? This is insane and these people actually believe that we are stupid. I pray to God that he stops them dead in their tracks.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Amy - (U.S.A.)

Please read my earlier reports about this ACH debiting company. They have access to all voice recordings. You can use this to prove that what you were promised is NOT what they have recorded!

#3 Consumer Suggestion