Complaint Review: Centurion Financial Benefits

• Submitted: Sat, October 30, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, October 30, 2004

• Reported By:Wisconsin Rapids Wisconsin
Centurion Financial Benefits
33elm Champlain New York, New York U.S.A.

Centurion Financial Benefits Attempted Fraud ripoff New York New York

*Consumer Suggestion: I have help for you

I was receiving phone calls every so often on my cell phone, how they got that is beyond me. Yet every time they called, it went for 2 rings, maybe. Then they would hang up.

This time today, I snatched up my phone fast enough to answer and have a lady with a foreign accent that I couldn't understand. She was beating around the bush everytime I asked her for the company's name, phone number, web address... etc. She finally gave the phone # and extension to me: (866) 784-0260, ext. 9000. And the company name, well, i had her repeat it over and over, until I finally just had her spell it out, SLOWLY.

Then this was all after she pitched the sale of the Mastercard, with $2,000 credit limit, low A.P.R. and no-interest balance transfers, and that all sounded great to me, having no credit or not good credit. And then she wanted $249. She told me she didn't care if it was my checking account, my mom's account, my girlfriend's, whatever. Even if my name wasn't on it. And i was badgered into giving her my S.S.# and Driver's License #.

What should I do about giving those out? I never gave her the Bank Account #'s, or names or anything, but she's calling back on monday morning. Anything you can think of to help, would be great.

Thanks.

Scott
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2004 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centurion-Financial-Benefits/New-York-New-York/Centurion-Financial-Benefits-Attempted-Fraud-ripoff-New-York-New-York-115379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centurion Financial Benefits

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I have help for you

AUTHOR: Becky - (U.S.A.)

I personally was a victim of this scam myself, it is a major pain to protect yourself here are some #'s that might help.

Social Security Fruad Hotline
800-269-0271
Equifax
800-525-6285
Experian
888-397-3742
Transunion
800-680-7289

Call these numbers and tell them you want them to put a watch on your credit report or call you be for they approve any thing

I would also close my bank account pins anything and call the ss # I gave to protect yourself from identity fruad

I also call the New York attorney general and reported this maybe if we all pull together we can stop these jerks from canada.(518) 474-7124 this is his #.
Good luck