Complaint Review: Century Group - Centric Travel Club

• Submitted: Mon, November 08, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, December 17, 2004

• Reported By:Bloomington Minnesota
Century Group - Centric Travel Club
9811 W Charleston Blvd Suite 2352 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Century Group - Centric Travel Club Credit Card Rip off Las Vegas Nevada

*Consumer Comment: Got me too

*Consumer Comment: same situation

I had received a call on a Saturday from what the lady said was Century Group. She had said I was approved for a $2500.00 credit limit for a mastercard. I had asked her if I applied for this, she said yes I did on-line. I had also asked if this was a hoax, she giggled and said no. She told me there was a one time fee of $369.00 to keep my 0% APR rate for a lifetime.

I don't know much about credit cards, so I said ok. She said they needed my checking account info and a date to take money out. I wasn't sure so I gave the last date she said I could have.

Any rate, over that weekend I decided to call and cancel because I had talked with people and nobody would give me that credit limit after filing bankruptcy and the APR didn't seem right either. So I called the customer service number they gave me and the guy told me they have a no cancellation policy.

I have yet to receive anything from them even though she told me I would have to sign something. She also mentioned I would be getting something from Continental Airlines. I had a friend call the customer service number and get the name of the place and that's when I found out their real name and address. I want to caution people about these groups, I am having a hard time with this.

April
Bloomington, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2004 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Group-Centric-Travel-Club/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89117/Century-Group-Centric-Travel-Club-Credit-Card-Rip-off-Las-Vegas-Nevada-116713. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Group - Centric Travel Club

Got me too

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

Just wanted to let everyone who visits this report that I also was scammed by this company. I filled out my own rip off report and it can be found at Centric Group aka Century Group aka Centric Travel Club.

I also would like to Thank April from Bloomington Minnesota for posting this so that I could stop action with my bank before the "Centric Group" or whoever they are withdraws fees and whatever else they think they can get away with.

If anyone else has been scammed by this group please fill out your own report as it may help someone else as April did me

ThanX

same situation

AUTHOR: Merri - (U.S.A.)

basically the same exact story literally same phone call same credit limit same no apr and same one time fee of $369.00 and no cancellation etc...the only thing i have done is to extend my contract or postpone it and will change my bank account so they won't be able to get their money!