Complaint Review: Century Legal Group

• Updated: Wed, February 26, 2014

• Reported By: AMandersM — Washington Dist of Columbia
Century Legal Group
1518 Walnut Street Suite 1104 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Century Legal Group Adam Carr, Chris, Frank Lewis TOTAL SCAM! Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Refund

*Author of original report: Refund

After reading all of these reviews about Century Legal Group I was quite perplexed.  As a homeowner who has been back and forth with my home and have dealt with many inconsistencies with my home and the bank. In a state of panic I contacted CENTURY LEGAL GROUP.  This was to stop the foreclosure or so they say.  You click online and submit your information and within minutes you will have someone calling your back.  A little bit of a scam right?  A busy legal firm generally can't call you back so quickly.  With that said I wanted to stop foreclosure and explained my situation.

They took all of my information and sent me the packet.  I did to an esign and what was explained to me was that they won't take ANY MONEY if the services weren't provided.  I decided to go home and snoop around on Google.  Thankfully I did only to find horrible things about this so called firm.  I never send any legal packets back to them.  I contacted the lender and a FREE housing counsler.  If you do your research and with the state of the housing market and many misleading things that have gone on in the housing and mortgage business, lenders are not looking for anymore settlement acts.

They are looking to work with the client to serve their needs.  Laws are changing every single day about the mortgages and foreclosures.  My suggestion to you when in a panic is to contact the lender.  Even if you call every single day.  In my case the lender did not have my information until it went to foreclosure.  I have been on the phone every day and finally got a loan number and have submitted the paperwork for a modification.  The lender themselves stated that they want to try very hard not to foreclose as this just costs them more money.

What did CENTURY LEGAL GROUP do you ask? Well after I made the panic phonecall I then decided to do the research.  As stated I did everything myself and they still took payment from me.  I called immediately only to have a rude receptionist named Jessica who told me accounting wasn't available.  I then asked when they would be available and she said, "she didn't know."  I then asked why she didn't know.  She said "he's on another call."  I asked for his voicemail and left a message.  I waited 10 minutes with no call back.  I called her back exclaimed how rude I thought she was and she needed to realize that this is peoples money they are dealing with.  She put me through to "Chris" in accounting.

Chris was very crass and kept saying he had my paper work that I had signed.  I never sent any paperwork back I explained.  He said, "you're just calling me now with this." I explained that Adam Carr explained to me that if no work is done that no payment would be taken.  Well again I called the lender myself, I contacted a free housing agent myself and did all of this.  I said I would dispute this charge through my banks fraud department.  He said all I had to do was submit in writing that I wanted a refund which I did immediately.  I also asked if I could speak to Adam Carr who claimed to be an attorney and he said that he was in intake and had nothing to do with processing.  So I sent the email and got an email back from Frank Lewis.

Frank Lewis was extremely rude in his email with horrible grammer might I add which then stated that I had no right to threaten them with fraud as I am not a judge but he would research the payment.  So I was polite in my response back stating that I wasn't threatening them I just wanted my money back because they didn't provide the service I did it on my own.  So now I get an email back stating I signed an aggreement and I wouldn't be getting my refund and that some of the funds were insufficient and they won't go after the balance but my refund has been denied.  I will be contacting my bank on my own to dispute the charges.  I will also be contacting Federal Trade Commission as advised by my FREE counseler and Virginia.

My suggestion to all of you homeowners out there in a state of panic go for the free services and contact your lender on your own.  I plan to take this as far as it will go and make it public as companies like this should not be is business.  Please take the time and do this yourself. It can be done and takes time to be on the phone but as I stated many of these companies are offering modifications they just want to make sure you can afford to be in the property.  DO NOT CONTACT A LEGAL GROUP! It is a scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2014 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Legal-Group/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19102/Century-Legal-Group-Adam-Carr-Chris-Frank-Lewis-TOTAL-SCAM-Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-1126656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Legal Group

Refund

AUTHOR: Leslie B - ()

I am interested to find out how you got this company to issue a refund.  I have attempted with no success.

Refund

AUTHOR: AMandersM - ()

They did refund my money.  They mailed it to me.  Although they were rude it's ashame I had to file all of these reports to get my money back.  Thank you for sending the money promptly.