Complaint Review: Century Link

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2013

• Reported By: George — El Mirage Arizona United States of America
Century Link
Denver,Co Denver, Colorado United States of America

Century Link Century Link,is trying to collect $181.00,from me,for early termination.When I subscribed,they told me,no early termination fee Denver, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: dont lay down and take it, fight back

*Consumer Suggestion: To: George El Mirage Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CenturyLink Service

Century Link,lured me to get internet service.I was told by them,that I could terminate the internet service any time,with no penalty.

Now that I cancelled this service,after over a year of poor service and rude treatment,they want me to pay $181.00,for early termination.I refused to pay that,so they send the bill to collections.

I am 71 years old on social security,so I can't afford to let them rip me off

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2012 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/Denver-Colorado-/Century-Link-Century-Linkis-trying-to-collect-18100from-mefor-early-terminationWhen-978301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link

dont lay down and take it, fight back

AUTHOR: eye for an eye - (United States of America)

First call your states attorney general office.  Let them know how your being treated.  Also look for other consumer protection agencies in your area.  Get all the names together and call back centurylink ,  tell them if they don't fix the error on our account you plan to report them to all those places.  Wouldn't hurt to ask for a copy of what you sign accepting the fee they say you owe.

If they don't budge, get to work and file every report you can.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

To: George El Mirage Arizona

AUTHOR: swissi - (United States of America)

Since I had a similar incident like yours with CL (check my report from 11/21), I would love to hear from you if you contacted Patti at talktous@centurylink.com and if she was willing to work with you. I would be very surprised but I think such information could help me to proceed against them in court if necessary. You may email me at rengawm@comcast.net

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CenturyLink Service

AUTHOR: @CenturyLinkHelp - (USA)

George,

We would like to review the billing issues with you. Please send account details to talktous@centurylink.com or send the information via the link http://t.co/lm5JYoPO

Thanks