- Report: #832118
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Century Link
Century Link930 15th Street, 11th Floor Denver, Colorado United States of America
Century Link Qwest Communications $600+ Damages to laptop refuses to take ownership rude customer service retaliated by disconnecting me, lies to BBB lied to my attorney. Denver, Colorado
*UPDATE Employee: Wow
*Author of original report: Thanks Tom.
*General Comment: Was considering CL for their DSL services
*Author of original report: If its just HTML, and client side only... then how does it restart my DSL modem.
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CT
*Author of original report: No place to call names... especially by a employee.
*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service
*Author of original report: Images for the Original Report...
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
2. Alleged that I owed $35.00 in past due, which was incorrect as a $35.00 service discount (overbilled) had not been properly applied, thus causing the past due notice to appear. Customer service told me to ONLY pay the amount I actually owed and the billing system would auto-adjust my account.
3. The past due notice kept causing my laptops hard drive to go into a 100% Read/Write Utilization state, and would also lock up the machine requiring a forced reboot.
4. Once I was able to accept the notice it would go away for about 24 hours, then return, only to create the same problem. This occurred for approximately 4 days straight.
5. On Oct 28,when I left for work I forgot to close my web browser when I left for work, and the page I was on refreshed, and the past due page was presented again during my absence, however I was not there to catch it, and stop the hard drive from essentially running itself into the ground. When I got home more than 10 hours later my machine was sitting at a Windows Blue Screen locked up solid, the hard drive light was lit solid, and the machine was so hot that I could not pick it up. I had to pull the power plug and yank the battery to get it to shut down.
6. On the next power up after it cooled down, everything seemed fine but after about 15 minutes the hard drive would go into a 100% read/write status, and the machine would blue screen again. It did this many times finally getting to a point where it was not able to be used.
7. I wrote Century Link a letter and faxed it to them on the evening of Oct 28 asking for them to fix my computer. They wrote me back on November 1st, denying the claim and pointing me to a limitation of liability packet. They failed to understand that the damages was caused by a forced webpage created and owned directly by them.
8. During this time I took it upon myself to have the machine repaired, it cost me $597.66, on November 18, I wrote them again this time mailing it via USPS Priority mail. Even today I continue to have lasting effects on the computer do the CPU overheating.
9. On November 28, they replied back again denying liability, and stating that I got a virus and should look into commercial antivirus, and that they had their so-called specialist look at the identified webpage and that it did not contain any bad code that would damage a computer, and that they refuse take responsibility for the damages once again pointing me to their
limitations of liability.
10. I filed a complaint with the BBB on 12/2/2011, since then there have been multiple "emails" between myself and them, but the crux is they continue to deny liability.
11. They replied to my lawyer who wrote a letter for me on my behalf, basically saying the same thing as before... I think they must have a cut and paste reply.
12. I warned them via USPS mail that if the issue was not resolved in 30 days I would be filing suit against them.
13. I filed compliant against them with the Corporation Commission and they are investigating.
14. I filed a complaint with the AZ Attorney General office, and they replied to them with the a similar reply they gave my attorney, again denying liability.
15. On Jan 30, the issue came to a head. In AZ we are permitted to not pay a bill if there is dispute over the services that is being investigated. At about 1pm or so, they disconnected my service, which was a real bad situation as my - DirectTV, and Verizon Bill is "combined" through them.
16. This so-called "safe code" as they say contains nothing that can do any damages, I ask then how does it have the ability to "reboot" my DSL modem... they refused to answer me or provide the code to me for inspection, saying it proprietary. What are they hiding? What are they afraid I will see... must be some incriminating evidence they dont want me to see.
When they "shut me down" not only did they cut off my internet service, they cut off all 4 of my Verizon Phones, and my Direct TV service, and being that my home phone service uses OOMA VOIP services that was lost as well, and when services die with that it forwards to my cell phone, which was dead as well.... this also killed my alarm monitoring ability leaving my house at risk for breaking in since it could not "call" if the alarm were to go off.
When I learned of this, the only number I could call was them on my Cell Phone.... so I sat on a call arguing with their agents over the problem, who refused to do anything. This call lasted nearly 1.5 hours. They held my account hostage, and forced me to pay to get things turned back on (keep in mind I am still out over $600, and still have a busted laptop).
They then tell me that after I pay, services are not guarenteed to be turned back on for 2 to 24 hours... what the hell is up with that... you have my "hostage money", and you stilll delay me turning back the services on.
I asked to speak to managers, directors, etc.. and was told they don't take calls.
My next moves, are to:
File a Lien against them.
File a lawsuit.
Expose them publicly.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2012 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/Denver-Colorado-80202/Century-Link-Qwest-Communications-600-Damages-to-laptop-refuses-to-take-ownership-rude-c-832118. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.