Complaint Review: Century Link

• Reported By: Scammed by Century link — Rochester Minnesota
Century Link
7604 Caenen Lake Road Lenexa, Kansas USA

Century Link Cancelling service and returning modem Lenexa Kansas

My experience was much the same as others.

Trying to cancel Century Link service is a pain. That option is not available on their website. They make it nearly impossible to move without keeping them as providers.

We returned the modem as requested. Century Link either didn't get it / pretended not to get it, and, without warning, submitted a balance of $106.86 to a collection agency (Convergent). I have never had bills go to a collection agency before and I am offended!

Fortunately, we still have our UPS receipt (we used the shipping label that was provided by Century Link, so it seems improbable that they would not have a record of the tracking number). I called the collection agency and provided the tracking number. They said it can take up to 30 days to investigate. I plan to follow-up with a letter and a copy of the receipt to the collection agency.

I am busy and don't want to deal with this, but I will. If my letter doesn't resolve the problem, I will file complaints with the BBB and FCC. If that doesn't work, I will contact my lawyer.

Given the messages posted around the internet, it appears that Century Link is an unethical company that tries to swindle the public into unfairly paying for services or modems.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/Lenexa-Kansas-66216/Century-Link-Cancelling-service-and-returning-modem-Lenexa-Kansas-1133787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link