Complaint Review: Century Link

• Updated: Thu, March 14, 2013

• Reported By: Ted — STEAMBOAT SPRINGS Colorado United States of America
Century Link
100 Centurylink Dr Monroe, Louisiana United States of America

Century Link Broadbandnetworx Price does not reflect agreed upon proposal. Monroe, Louisiana

*UPDATE Employee: Who to contact

My business is located in a rural area.  In these rural areas, apparently, Centurylink contracts to local sales groups to do business level sales of their telephone and internet services.  I was approached last year by a representative from Broadbandnetworx, one of these authorized sales groups, as my contract was out of date and needed renewing.  She came up with a  competitive proposal for my account including internet, telephone, and long distance.  The price quoted was $239.36, I still have the proposal in an excel spreadsheet.

So, I agreed to the terms and signed the agreement.  A couple months went by and I noticed that my bill was not reflecting the agreed upon price.  I am paying about $320-$350 per month.  The representative at Broadbandnetworx has stopped answering or returning my calls.  I do have an account rep at Centurylink that has been working on this for me.  He is very polite, but has made absolutely no headway in correcting the charges.

I would like Centurylink to bill me the correct price going forward and credit me for the over-billed amount, or I would like to terminate my contract early so that I can find a more competitive communications provider. I do not think that I am being unreasonable.  Any suggestions or help in this matter would be much appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2013 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/Monroe-Louisiana-71201/Century-Link-Broadbandnetworx-Price-does-not-reflect-agreed-upon-proposal-Monroe-Louisia-1028616. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link

Who to contact

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

If you have analog lines with DSL, the best place to contact is generally the small business group. The average tenure of a small business rep is around 10 years. 800-603-6000

The biggest mistake is generally to ask for a supervisor. Unfortunately supervisors in that department have the least experience. At least in the office I work at. Any proposal made by an authorized dealer that a Century Link rep says we can't match can only be disputed through the authorized dealer at that point.

$320-$350/month is an odd number for phone and internet though

3 year term pricing:

3 lines and internet: $135+ tax ($195 total approx)

4 lines and internet: $170+ tax ($250 total approx)

5 lines and internet: $205 + tax ($305 total approx)

(About $20/line in tax/fees)

If your service matches any of those scenarios, calling the small business office, it will be cleared up usually quickly to one of those amounts. The above amounts are including an extra $10 off two lines that can be done.

International long distance, toll free service and static IP charges can make it vary.