Complaint Review: Century Link

• Updated: Fri, May 11, 2012

• Reported By: Kas — Brinnon Washington USA
Century Link
Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Century Link Will charge me to lease modem to replace one I received free from Embarq that has become defective. Phoenix, Arizona

The Embarq 660 Series modem needed to connect to the internet has become defective and needs to be replaced.  A few years ago when Embarq was my Internet Service Provider it replaced an identical modem that had become defective at no further cost to me.

Century Link which took over as the ISP from Embarq will replace the modem but will charge me over $3 per month to lease it.  That charge should be incorporated in the basic monthly billing.  Without the moldem I cannot connect my computer to the internet.

For that matter, for around $18 I can buy a new modem through eBay. If I buy one Century Link tells me it will not provide support for it.  The only support for a broken modem is to get a new one. If I can keep the modem I buy through eBay for at least six months I'll break even.   If I lease it from Century Link for longer than six months I'll be losing money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2012 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/Phoenix-Arizona-85062-2961/Century-Link-Will-charge-me-to-lease-modem-to-replace-one-I-received-free-from-Embarq-tha-881468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link