Complaint Review: Century Link

• Updated: Sat, July 27, 2013

• Reported By: JMR — Laveen Arizona
Century Link
930 15th Street Phoenix, Arizona USA

Century Link Worst Internet Service and unauthorized access to personal account/fraud! Phoenix Arizona

Century Link promised a bundle package and in short was unable to deliver not only the internet but in turn took $213.90 from my account without authorization and refuses to return it.

This started with me moving and wanting to keep Century Link as a provider.  I have been with them for close to ten years.  They failed to connect the internet or a home line for over a month.  This took 3 different electricians techs to and one CEO to be able to finally connect services.  Century Link confused matters by assigning not only one but 5 different account numbers to my name, 2 of which were businesses.  Two weeks ago I recieve a bill for $213.90 and I immediately was upset because the amount promised for internet upon the move was no more than $40 a month.  Because I now have 5 different account numbers nobody could tell me exactly what was going on.  So I called to cancel services, which then a Loyality Supervisor promised to retain me as a customer removed the charges and re-established my services for $40 a month.  I was satified until this week when I saw this amount debited from my account.  Centruy Link accessed my account without authorization.  When I called to reverse charges the nightmare began.

I warn EVERYBODY....NEVER USE CENTURY LINK!  This company clearly plays games, confuses the customer, lies, and then steals your money!

I spent 8 straight hours on the phone wiht Century Link trying to get my money back.  Spoke with 4 different Supervisors, 2 finacial account specialists, and 7 operators.  They all admitted they don't know why I was charges or why the money was taken.  All said they would return it but up until this was going to completed the phone always was disconnected.  I continued to call and two days later I was contacted by another Supervisor Annette who informed that a check in the amount $213.90 was going to be mailed out to me.  But the very next morning I was contacted by an Ann Anderson of Century Link a Executive Regulatory Escalations Analyst who basically told me they won't return this money.

I have filed charges with my bank and will continue to let everybody know this horible story.  I can't believe that a company of Century Link's magnatude will steal such money from their loayal customers.  Protect yourself and don't believe the lies or advertisments this company offers.  They should be assamed!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/27/2013 11:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/Phoenix-Arizona-85339/Century-Link-Worst-Internet-Service-and-unauthorized-access-to-personal-accountfraud-Ph-1070563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link