Complaint Review: Century Link

• Submitted: Tue, November 27, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 27, 2012

• Reported By: dwight — colorado springs Colorado United States of America
Century Link
Powers blvd and North carefree colrado springs, Colorado United States of America

Century Link I went into Century Link office to ask can I discontinue my account by bringing in my modem. THey said yes and I brought it down to the Office on Powers Blvd and North Carefree Colorado SPrings , Colorado

I went into Century Link office to ask can I discontinue my account by bringing in my modem.  THey said yes and I brought it down to the Office on Powers Blvd and North Carefree Colorado SPrings Colorado.  On that day I told them that I no longer require their services, I am getting an alarm system installed with Comcast and they require me to have internet with them.
I was not informed that I had to call the Century link company on the phone to discontinue my internet service with them.  I received my next bill and I was billed for internet.  I called the company and let them know of my situation.  I went down to the office again to ask them did I not turn in my modem and cancelled my account the assistant manager said I did.  That should have closed my account.  I received my next bill and I was again charged for internet service.  The company the day I received my bill shut off my Direct TV.  The due date said "Pay by the 12/6/12".  This is still November 27.

I went back to the office and was told that they told me to call the company to disconnect my internet.  I told them the day I turned in my modem.  i told them when I called the second time and I told them the third time that I do not want the internet with them any longer.  They should be able to check my usage to see that I did not use any internet since I turned the modem in (two and a half months ago.).  They say that I owe them $92.11 to get my Direct TV turned back on.  This is the year 2012 and it should have been clear with the company that I did not want internet service when I brought the modem box in because I explained that I was going to Comcast security system.  I asked them if they had a security system and they told me no.  It should have be possible to cancel my service when I was in the store not on the phone after talking to 5 Century link personnel.  This company needs better customer service friendly procedures.  They still did not credit my account for the modem.  WHATS GOING ON GUYS?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2012 06:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/colrado-springs-Colorado-80922/Century-Link-I-went-into-Century-Link-office-to-ask-can-I-discontinue-my-account-by-bring-974682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link