Complaint Review: Century Link

• Submitted: Thu, December 20, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 20, 2012

• Reported By: Hautedawg — Prairie Village Kansas United States of America
Century Link

Century Link Century Tel Bait Switch, Rude Behavior, No service, canceled service Internet

I went on the Centurylink website, signed up for telephone and internet.  I was asked for my credit card number and set up a time for installation.

I received an email confirmation for a date and time to get service started at our new home.  We took time off work, made arrangments to make sure someone would be there and thought life was going well.

Turned out that we do not have service, unless we want to pay to run lines in.  I called to talk to someone and talked to a "Cheryl" who said they were a manager, and was told quite rudely that they didn't care, they have enough customers and one less wouldn't hurt them.  I told them I had an email confirmation for time and day, but she said she didn't care, she actually said they "do that to everyone".  She then stated she couldn't find my order.

I called back and talked to a Darius.  He was extremely rude, refused to get a supervisor on the line and said they give appointments, even if there is no service available.  I told him they had my credit information, but he just laughed and said, "it's the way we do business, we promise the world but don't deliver".

I've filed complaints with the FCC, BBB and State Attorney General's Office, however it seems that these people are just there to get your credit card information and run with it.  They had no intention of installing, told me we'd have to pay for lines to be run, and laughed at my frustration.

Avoid this company like the plague.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/internet/Century-Link-Century-Tel-Bait-Switch-Rude-Behavior-No-service-canceled-service-Interne-984982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link