Complaint Review: Century Link

• Reported By: M. Bell — Puyallup Washington
Century Link
Nationwide USA

Century Link Billing for services never received! Nationwide

Fed up!   I signed up for Century Link internet service because it sounded like a good deal.   After 3 weeks of not receiving my modem, and the company telling me it WAS delivered, I canceled my service.  A week later, my modem showed up, and the UPS site showed the original modem was shipped to the incorrect address.  I immediately shipped the modem back.

Because of the hassle, and because they were rude when telling me the modem HAD been delivered (when it hadn't) I decided to cancel the service before it was even started.

A month later, I received a a bill in the mail stating that I owed for services used.  I NEVER used services!!  I never had the modem out of the box!  I called...twice..and after being on hold for 40 minutes, I finally spoke with someone who said they would bill the account.

Today, I received a letter from a collection agency stating Century Link reported me as being delinquent!  When I called Century Link (I admit, I wasn't nice, after all, I have good credit and don't want something like this on it) I was told that once they send it to collections, they can't do anything about it.  They said it was my responsibilty to contact the collection agency and straightne it out with them.

OMG....seriously?  I just want all charges removed from my bill!  I NEVER USED THE SERVICE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2014 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/nationwide/Century-Link-Billing-for-services-never-received-Nationwide-1164796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link