Complaint Review: Century Link

• Updated: Fri, May 09, 2014

• Reported By: Old Timer — Arch Cape Oregon
Century Link
Nationwide USA

Century Link, Sedgwick Claims Management Services Inc No negligence on Century Link or its employees Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Perhaps this is why....

*Consumer Comment: Sorry, oldtimer, but I have to agree with them..

Your workers caused a power surge that caused my OnQ Telecom Module to short all wires together.

This occurred prior to 6:30 p.m. on 31 May 2013.  Two workers were at the terminal north of the

Arch Cape Tunnel and were moving wires around and caused the short.  How do I know this,

on Monday they were looking for the short at the terminal box nxt to my house and I brought them

to my house.  They questioned me repeatedly when did the problem occur.  I mentioned about 11:00

p.m. at the time and from theirconversation at that time I discoved what hap happened.  I feel the

damage inside my house was caused byyour workers and you are responsible to correct he problem.

I feel I am being stiffed in the matter and would like an answer concerning what the company is

going to do about it except for ignoring me.  While they were here, they made a jury-rig so I could

have one phone working.  I am not a happy customer. Have a photo of the jury-rig.

Reply from Sedgwick dated March 12, 2014 stated in part: At this time we cannot find any negligence

on the part of CenturyLink and/or its emplyees.  Based on the above, we must respectfully decline to

make any payments on this claim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2014 03:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Link/nationwide/Century-Link-Sedgwick-Claims-Management-Services-Inc-No-negligence-on-Century-Link-or-it-1145155. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Link

Perhaps this is why....

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

May 31st, 2013 was a Friday.  You stated this occurred sometime before 6:30PM on that date.  You then talk about Monday and how at about 11PM they were apparently looking around your house for a short.

So unless you are holding out on us, there is just too much of a gap from Monday at 11PM until Friday at 6:30PM to be able to even come to a remote conculsion that they caused this.

Your bigger issue seems to be the claim that they were doing this work north of some tunnel.   So can we figure that this was off of your property.  Where if so, did any other resident claim a "short"?  In this year that has passed did you check with any other resident who had the same issue to back up your case?

Sorry, oldtimer, but I have to agree with them..

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

There is 48v on telephone lines and a superimposed 105v ac added when ringing a phone. None will harm normal equipment and IF a destructive voltage was somehow on the line, the protection on your house where the phone line enters would ground out the voltage and prevent damage.  Coincidence or scam on your part??