Complaint Review: Century Photo

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: cynthia — laurel Maryland United States of America
Century Photo
2340 Brighton Henrietta Line Road Rochester, New York United States of America

Century Photo Can't fill order, but won't cancel. Has credit card information. Rochester, New York

On December 31, 2012, I ordered an album and two sets of photo pages from Century Photo. I received a confirmation of my order.

Three weeks later, nothing has arrived. I spoke with a Customer Service rep at Century and learned that the album is available, but the photo pages won't be available for 4-6 weeks. I can't wait that long, so I asked for the order to be cancelled. No, the C/S rep couldn't do that. I would have to contact Laura. She provided Laura's e-mail address. Laura's name (I'm not surprised) was VERY long. Not surprisingly, the e-mail bounced back as undeliverable. (SMTP: address rejected.)

This is an order worth nearly $100 if they ever fill it. What kind of photo-page company runs out of photo pages?  Incidentally, the C/S rep said that Century Photo had "hundreds" of backorders and that it would take a long time to process a "refund."  Well, I don't want a refund, because  they haven't charged my credit card, but their smarminess makes me nervous. How long does it take to process a simple cancellation?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Century-Photo/Rochester-New-York-14623/Century-Photo-Cant-fill-order-but-wont-cancel-Has-credit-card-information-Rochester-1002603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Century Photo