Complaint Review: CenturyLink

• Updated: Sun, July 01, 2012

• Reported By: Catherine — PUNTA GORDA Florida USA
CenturyLink
Punta Gorda, Florida United States of America

CenturyLink Dupl, deceptive business practices in pricing and billing Punta Gorda, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Really?

I could not find a category to fit this although I am sure I am not alone in my complaint. Here's the basic.  I signed up with CenturyLink a telephone company located in the South East in my case Florida is the state. I signed up for there bundled package of service to include TV (supplied by Direct TV) internet and phone. The deal for all THREE was suppose to be $80.00 a month. This turned out to be so far from the truth that it had to be a SCAM. Here's my thinking on this Florida is full of old people who forget a lot and this being done over the phone you have no proof.  I imagine that most people caught up in this scam end up just paying the amount they are billed and boy does this company know how to complicate a bill.  Direct TV did the right thing once I explained to them that I would not consider coming back to them under the circumstances.  They did hit my mother's bank for the $480.00 early cancelation fee (we canceled within 10 days) after finding  out about the misrepresentation.  I called and spoke to Direct TV executive offices and they finally relented and promised us a refund for the full amount.  CENTURY LINK well that's another story.  They hit my mother account for services NEVER supplied like the internet (they never sent the modem) They have also promised a refund within 90 days.  This is from the account of a 90 year old woman on a fixed income. Talk about GREEDY, these dudes wrote the book.  MR. GLEN POST III DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE COJONES TO RESPOND TO MY LETTER.  THERE IS A LOT OF BAD PRESS OUT THERE ON THE INTERNET ABOUT CENTURY LINK ALL THOSE PEOPLE CAN'T BE WRONG.  DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND IF YOU CAN AVOID THEM THEY CARRY THE PLAGUE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2011 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CenturyLink/Punta-Gorda-Florida-33950/CenturyLink-Dupl-deceptive-business-practices-in-pricing-and-billing-Punta-Gorda-Florid-805400. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CenturyLink

Really?

AUTHOR: The Truth Hurts - (United States of America)

I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard when I read this.  I am not sure, is it the Mr. Post does not have the "cojones" to return my call.  Now, I am pretty sure most CEO's of 50K person companies would not place a phone call to anyone who would use the word "cojones."

But, my personal favorite was "They did hit my mother's bank for the $480.00 early cancelation."  And of course, their vulturous nature of charging a 90 year old woman these charges..  I thought you signed up?

I love this website!!