Louisiana

• Submitted: Mon, October 15, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: Brian — Ocala Florida United States of America
CenturyLink

CenturyLink Charge much higher rates than were promised upon signing up Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Here to help!

Lies lies lies!!! Me and my girlfriend signed up for CenturyLink on the 13th of September 2012. The fastest speeds they have in our service area are 1.5 Mbps which is really slow. And I won't even get carried away with how poor the service has been and how many times I have been booted offline. This is a matter of dishonest business practices. Upon signing up, we were promised a 29.95$ per month service charge and an extra 15$ for the first month for an activation fee. I found out that the monthly service charges were going to be 50$ today when I got my bill. Today is October 15th, a month after signing up and our bill came in for 123$. After I asked for a direct answer on why the bill was so high, the lady in customer care basically told me that there were was an activation fee and shipping and handling fee of 37$ when we were told it would be 15$ for JUST an activation fee. Then she said that somehow our charges were "prorated" because we signed up in the middle of the month. So she said that the prorated charge plus the month of October was going to cost 60$. She claimed that CenturyLink bills a month in advance. She also said there was a 5$ charge for the modem. Then she also says there were taxes. Even with everything she says, it contradicted my bill and was extremely conusing.  I refuse to pay this and I am highly considering getting an attorney involoved. This is ridiculous. Here is an outline of my bill and several charges I was not made aware of for the first month of service:

Monthly recurring: 49.98

Prorated Charges: 29.97

Taxes: 5.36

Router Equipment Fee: 4.49

Prorated Router Equipment Fee: 2.69

Activation Fee: 15.00

Shipping and Handling Fee: 22.95

Don't forget that these charges are occuring after only one month of service! Are they really charging customers these ridiculous fees and getting away with it??? This is fraud!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2012 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CenturyLink/internet/CenturyLink-Charge-much-higher-rates-than-were-promised-upon-signing-up-Internet-955324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CenturyLink

Here to help!

AUTHOR: @CenturyLinkHelp - (USA)

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with us.

Our team are managers within the executive office and would be happy to look into this for you.  Send us the details you posted here, along with your account information, through this link:

We will typically reply within 24 hours.  Thank you!

-Doug