Complaint Review

200 Linden Square Drive Bristol, Virginia United States of America Phone:
276 783 7121
Category:
Telephone Companies

Centurylink Formaly known as Embarq Embarq there is no such thing as customer service Bristol, Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: I can help

After this company switched hands our service took a nosedive. Our old account was closed and a new account opened because of a past due balance. This happened without our knowledge or consent. This was discovered during the second call to the company about a service problem. We paid what we were told we owed two days later.  At that time we were told we owned an additional amount. Two days later I called to pay that amount only to be told we didn't own anything. The person took my order to add services to the "new" account that would be up and running by that Friday. When the services didn't return by Saturday I called again. After being cut off twice I was finally told that the services would take at least three business days to be acitve. I am no computer geek but I KNOW computer changes on an account do not take three business days. By this time I was mad and asked to speak to a supervisor. The representative REFUSED to put me through to a supervisor and would only give me an address to write to. During the next call the issue was raised again about a old balance. I paid what I was told only to be told I would have to call back on Monday to have the services added. The only thing they did at that time was start a trouble ticket for the internet service.

I called Monday (today) to verify the payment and was told the long distance service would be active within thirty minutes. Of course that did not happen. The internet service did get fixed however. I called back again to be told the long distance service would take three to five days to be active. Then I was sent to a third party verification recording before being disconnected. This time when I called back I threatened to call the better business bureau and my local congressman in addition to contacting every internet consumer site I could find. Miraculously my most recent payment was applied to the old account (since some dummy applied it to the new account that had no balance due), credited the still pending amount (per their report), and pushed my long distance service into active status within one hour.

In the beginning I was told they did me a favor by providing me basic phone service. I went without long distance and internet service for 28 days. I spent two weeks, and over six hours of my time on the phone, being told a different story EVERY time. I do not call the frustration and stress I've been through this Christmas season a favor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2009 03:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centurylink-Formaly-known-as-Embarq/Bristol-Virginia-24201/Centurylink-Formaly-known-as-Embarq-Embarq-there-is-no-such-thing-as-customer-service-Bris-546426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centurylink Formaly known as Embarq

I can help

AUTHOR: Embarq_joey - (U.S.A.)

Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with CenturyLink.  I can help.  I'd like to look into this issue for you to see what we can do to improve to make sure things like this don't happen again.  My email address is Joey (at) CenturyLink (dot) com.  CenturyLink's Customer Outreach has been helping customers online for over 2 years!

Thanks and sorry again,