Complaint Review: Centurylink

Centurylink
100 CenturyTel Drive Monroe, Louisiana United States of America

Centurylink Bogus Bills Monroe, Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: Modems

Centurylink is billing me for 2 modems at $100 each and threatening to turn off my service if not paid.  As the only modem I have in my possession is the one hooked up to the internet, I asked for make, model or serial number of the modems I am being charged for and they cannot provide any information on the modems.  After 3 hours on the phone with all but one very polite customer service representative from 3 different departments, nothing could be found on the modems I supposedly have in my possession and am being billed for.  I do not have any other modems and cannot even provide a reciept for a defective modem I returned last month due to the fact they cannot cross reference the serial number with either of the modems I am currently being billed for ( because they do not exist).  My wife is in college taking online classes and is in the middle of finals, if they turn off the internet service, she will most likely fail the classes....right now she has an A in both of them.  Sounds a bit like extortion to me! I have filed a complaint with the FCC, I have never done that before, lets see if they can help!!??

Any advise?  Thanks for reading!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2012 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centurylink/Monroe-Louisiana-71203/Centurylink-Bogus-Bills-Monroe-Louisiana-900997. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centurylink

Modems

AUTHOR: The Truth Hurts - (United States of America)

Sure sounds like the modem you returned is the other modem in question.  Need to track down a shipping number, or find out how long it takes for a credit to hit their system, not sure what the process is, but I imagine it could be pretty slow, as it has to touch a lot of people.

Good luck,