Complaint Review: Centurylink

• Reported By: rose0301 — La Crosse Wisconsin
Centurylink
Nationwide USA

Centurylink misrepresentation La Crosse Wisconsin

A door to door rep for Centurylink came to convince us to switch companies.  We had been through the mill with our provider at the time due to them overcharging us on our bill every couple of months.  I spent an hour with the Centurylink rep in my home telling me that I was locked into the price for 12 months and that under no circumstances would they change it on me.

Six months later I recieve a notice that everyones bill is going up ten dollars so that they can keep certain channels in the line-up.  I called in and spent over an hour trying to explain that my bill should not be increased until my promotional period was over.  By the end of the phone call, the rep said, "good news, I talked to my supervisor and you are right, your bill should remain the same throughout the promotional period".

This past week, I recieved notice that our bill was, in fact, going up ten dollars.  I am now paying more than I was before I switched!  I decided to "chat" with the reps online so that I could save the conversation.  After two rude reps and being disconnected, I finally got through to the escalation dept.  They insisted that the rep that came to my house and the rep I spoke to on the phone a couple weeks ago were, "misinformed"!!  They refuse to make changes since they never recorded the reps phone call.  The door to door rep is no longer with the company and they figure he was tring to make the sale. They apologized on behalf of the reps, but will not honor what I was told.

I've never been so dissatisfied with a company, ever!  Buyer beware, I would never recommend Centurylink as they are extremely deceptive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2014 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Centurylink/nationwide/Centurylink-misrepresentation-La-Crosse-Wisconsin-1136019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Centurylink