Complaint Review: Certegy Check Services, Inc.

• Submitted: Sun, September 29, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, September 29, 2013

• Reported By: Acrecious — Aurora Colorado
Certegy Check Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 30046 Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Certegy Check Services, Inc. We Cannot cash this check (from a college, drawn on Bank of America) "on no negative action by you" / Reason: 2 Aurora Colorado

*Author of original report: Bank of America tellers

*Consumer Comment: question

My first time using the check cashing services at Wal-mart was worse than i imagined. Upon presenting the teller a college check drawn on Bank of America and entering my Social Security Number (SSN) on the keypad, she asked, was this my first time cashing and i advised her it was, she asked me to re-enter my SSN. After scanning my check a second time, she reads a message from Certegy; "We cannot cash this check" & gives me a tiny print out stating REASON: 2, with a toll-free number to call to inquire and address the reason for the decline or get authorization to cash check.

Upon calling the toll-free number i get a representive, who later identified herself as "just MJ", who asked me to verify my info again, including my DOB (Date Of Birth) Aug 29, like Michael Jackson, 'another MJ!' She then stated the reason for the decline was thru 'no negative action on my part", just my check cashing history and the fraud protection system at Certegy, they will not be able to authorize the teller at Wal-mart or any other company that uses Certegy to cash any checks for me. [continued below]....

..... Sorry for the inconvenience, but maybe i can ask the teller for the nearest check cashing place that does not use Certegy, like ALL Wal-marts, Krogers, Albertsons, Safeways, etc... ?

After advising Ms. "MJ" that the teller gave me this number to call and i highly doubt she knows ALL the check cashing clients of Certegy in the Aurora/Denver metro areas, so could she give me a list to reduce the use of gas in my travels and be more efficient in my efforts, she says there is not a complete list she can give me. When asked was there a list on the website, she advised me of the aforementioned places and was there anything else she could help me with? "Sorry for the inconvenience..."

Wow, really!? How could i have a check cashing history on my first time cashing a check there, a commercial check at that? Even after giving her the 2nd & 3rd sets of numbers at the bottom of the check, in which i believe are the account and routing numbers, she asked for & is used to verify if there is money in any account, commercial or personal to avoid the 'bouncing' check or negative transactions, Ms. MJ of Certegy still gave me NO CASHBACK?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2013 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy-Check-Services-Inc/Tampa-Bay-Florida-3363-3046/Certegy-Check-Services-Inc-We-Cannot-cash-this-check-from-a-college-drawn-on-Bank-of-1088160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certegy Check Services, Inc.

Bank of America tellers

AUTHOR: Acrecious - ()

i have been going around to "locations" of BofA tellers only to find ATM's or other banks that bought the location from BofA! Thanks for the location info, i will be looking into that ASAP!

question

AUTHOR: coast - ()

Why didn't you deposit the check into your checking account or cash it at the Bank of America located in the Cherry Creek Mall at 3000 East First Avenue in Denver?