Complaint Review: Certegy Check Services, inc

• Updated: Mon, May 20, 2013

• Reported By: Ralph P. M — San Jose California
Certegy Check Services, inc
Internet USA

Certegy Check Services, inc Never Shop or Stay at a Hotel that Uses Certegy Check Services, Inc. San Diego CA

This past Sunday, March 19th, I was at Town and Country Resort in San Diego and I tried to pay for my stay with a check, however my check was declined. I have never had one of my checks ever declined.

This was very humilliating as there were several friends also checking out as I was at a convention. I called the 800 number and was told that it was not declined due to bad checks, only that it was a precaution because I have never wrritten a check to the company. The comment was "it was for my protection"! The agent apologized and I told her it's too late because I am home. The ap[ology needed tpo be made at the Town and Country lobby in front of all the people that were there to witness my check being rejected.

I was so mad and let them know how pissed I was that I couldn't use my preferred method of payment. This is going to hurt businesses because people will be reluctant to shop where there checks are not accepted. I informed the agent that I will never purchase product or stay at a hotel that uses Certegy to validate checks as I believe Certegy is a 'schlock' company that serves no purpose that to collect money, not protect consumers and I will let this problem be known on the Internet

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2013 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy-Check-Services-inc/internet/Certegy-Check-Services-inc-Never-Shop-or-Stay-at-a-Hotel-that-Uses-Certegy-Check-Servic-1052397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certegy Check Services, inc