Complaint Review: Certegy Check Services

• Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: firedrake — Hanford California USA
Certegy Check Services
P.O Box 30046 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Certegy Check Services They decline people's checks if they are folded in the middle.Have to call long distance to find out what the reason is?? Tampa, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Seriously

*Author of original report: Reply to last rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: really no really

*Consumer Suggestion: fart

*Author of original report: certegy check services

This company is a check cashing service through the walmart payment center.I have cashed my check there for a long time!On 3-20-10 at 12:30pm I went there to cash my checks and they were declined..This is twice this company has done this to me now.Certegy told me that if a check is folded in the center the system will decline the check.My check I took up with me was not folded and was still declined.This is the biggest scam I have ever seen and very poor customer service from this company.Beware of this company because this could happen to you.I am wondering if this company is starting to descrimate against me for some reason.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2010 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy-Check-Services/Tampa-Florida-33630/Certegy-Check-Services-They-decline-peoples-checks-if-they-are-folded-in-the-middleHave-583347. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certegy Check Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Seriously

AUTHOR: HottyBotty - (United States of America)

The gentleman above is correct. Getting a checking acct. is a simple exercise in taking charge over your financial life.
1.Find a bank with free checking.
2. Make minimum deposit (Generally $100.00)
3. If you don't want to use checks, then just use the bank to cash your check so you can "hold [your] money".
You will save the 3% every time. If you add that up, you'd have spent an entire paycheck on check cashing in just over 33 checks.

Reply to last rebuttal

AUTHOR: firedrake - (USA)

The first comment about why don't I get a bank account is not helpful and not a part of a person's complaint..The problem's with check's in your money is virtual and I would choose to hold my money instead of a checking account..This way I can see what I have to work with and would like to pay cash on items ect..My complaint is for profileing a person with a computer..

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

really no really

AUTHOR: Mr. Small Slong Dong - (United States of America)

I had to dial ong distance also 1-800-252-8989 all they way to Tampa and cost me a fotune

#4 Consumer Suggestion

fart

AUTHOR: Mr. Small Slong Dong - (United States of America)

Get a checking account it is cheaper.......

certegy check services

AUTHOR: firedrake - (USA)

On 3-20-10 I filled out an online complaint to the BBB.org for this company and I have recieved a reply.This company is a scam due to (profileing with a computer).They kept telling me the same thing...That there was nothing wrong with my checks but they still declined it because of what I now call profileing.Beware of the service from this company.