• Report: #631972

• Updated: Mon, August 16, 2010

• Reported By: mmebrady — Chittenango New York United States of America
Certegy Check Services
PO Box 30046 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Certegy Check Services ridiculous refusal to cash a check issued by THE STATE OF NEW YORK!!! Tampa, Florida

I have had several issues with this company, but this one takes the cake.  I am (was) a regular shopper at my local Tops market.  I needed to cash a jury stipend check ISSUED BY THE STATE OF NEW YORK in order to pay for my groceries.  I was told at the service desk by both the clerk, and the manager on duty that the check was "bad"(despite that it was clearly a New York State check), and given a number to call for more information.  I called, but the Certegy people told me they could not divulge the problem (is this legal?) and that I would need to have someone from the "company" that issued the check (the NYS Dept of Taxation and Finance?!?!?) call them to give them more information.  Seriously!?!?!?  The situation was quite embarrassing.  I am not a fan of being told publicly that I am trying to pass a "bad" check.  I will no longer shop at Tops, although it is the only supermarket in my town.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2010 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy-Check-Services/Tampa-Florida-33630/Certegy-Check-Services-ridiculous-refusal-to-cash-a-check-issued-by-THE-STATE-OF-NEW-YORK-631972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certegy Check Services