Complaint Review: Certegy Check Services

• Submitted: Tue, December 16, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 16, 2008

• Reported By:Fallbrook California
Certegy Check Services
P. O. Box 30046 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Certegy Check Services refused to take my info out of the nsf check file and prevented check cashing at several stores after receiving identity theft and fraud info Tampa Florida

I attempted to write a check at my local grocers. I have been shopping in this Fallbrook, CA Albertsons for 15 years. I was given the phone number for Certigy Services as they were the new company being used by Albertsons for check guarantee. After contacting them they informed me I had a return check from Shaws Grocers in the amount of $60.00. California does not have Shaws Grocery Stores. They are located in Maine or Massachusettes.

After agreeing that the checking account the check was written on was not mine and the name on the check was not my name, they instructed me to fax them an Affidavit of Fraud, which I did on the very same day. 6 phone calls and 4.5 hours later (over a period of 4 weeks) and I am still in their NSF check file. I work in the legal profession and asked them if they were a Corporation and they told me NO. They are of course. I will be filing a lawsuit against them for Bad Faith Collection practices.

Debbie
Fallbrook, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 12:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy-Check-Services/Tampa-Florida/Certegy-Check-Services-refused-to-take-my-info-out-of-the-nsf-check-file-and-prevented-che-401783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certegy Check Services