- Report: #403800
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Certegy Check Services
Certegy Check Serviceswww.certegy.com Internet U.S.A.
Certegy Check Services Paycheck Declined Miami FloridaInternet
*UPDATE Employee: Certegy Check Services Paycheck Declined Miami FloridaInternet
*Consumer Comment: This would be considered a third party check, correct?
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The representative asked for my name, driver license number, Social Security#, and the second two groupings of numbers located at the bottom left of my check.
I was told that my check had been approved and cashed already...IMPOSSIBLE. FURTHERMORE The representative couldn't tell me who cashed it, when it was cashed, and where it was cashed!!!
I got home and immediately placed a fraud alert on my credit profile. I also discovered many people experiencing the same problem with this Certegy Check Services on the internet. After reading many complaints I've compiled a list of places to AVOID using a check to pay or to cash a check at. These places shouldn't get your business if they are using CERTEGY CHECK SERVICES!!!
Here is the list of places to AVOID: Academy Sports, Albertson's, Amazon.com, Bestbuy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Bloomingdales, CompUSA, Circle K, Dillards, Finishline, Foot Locker, GoDaddy.com, Gamestop, Hibberts Sports, Home Depot, Honda Dealerships, Lowes, Microcenter, Office Max, Pet Smart, Pep Boys, Piggly Wiggly, Radio Shack, Sears, Staples, Toyota Dealerships, Walgreens, an WAL-MART!!!
There are probably more places than this using Certegy Check Services. What I do know based on the complaints that I've read so far is the following:
1. Certegy declines your check for no VALID reason often with no explanation.
2. Certegy will send you a form to submit very personal info which they will then sell to third-parties.
3. Certegy will harass you and complicate problems.
4. Certegy will make unauthorized charges to your bank account.
5. Certegy will decline your check regardless of your check history, if your credit is good, and even if you don't HAVE a credit history!!!
6. Certegy can't provide valid explanations regardless of how much info you give them.
7. Certegy will stand by ITS decision even if you've cleared things up with your financial institution.
8. Certegy uses a laughably stupid computer to execute declines on your checks.
9. Certegy has no safeguards at all on the personal data you give them.
I also discovered that Certegy Check Services recently had a class-action lawsuit filed against it in Florida. Certegy also suffered an intrusion of consumer data by a former employee known as William Sullivan. My advice I can give is call the FTC or your congressman. Avoid places that utilize Certegy Check Services.
Miami Gardens, Florida
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2008 10:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy-Check-Services/internet/Certegy-Check-Services-Paycheck-Declined-Miami-FloridaInternet-403800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.