Complaint Review: Certegy Check Services

• Reported By:Miami Gardens Florida
Certegy Check Services
www.certegy.com Internet U.S.A.

Certegy Check Services Paycheck Declined Miami FloridaInternet

*UPDATE Employee: Certegy Check Services Paycheck Declined Miami FloridaInternet

*Consumer Comment: This would be considered a third party check, correct?

I went to cash my UPS check as usual at my local Wal-Mart store. It gets delined and I receive a little paper with reason code 5 and to call the number 1-866-278-5478. This was very odd to me since I cashed my check at WalMart last week an the week before last. Well I called the number and after my frustration with the automated responses, I speak with a HUMAN!!!

The representative asked for my name, driver license number, Social Security#, and the second two groupings of numbers located at the bottom left of my check.

I was told that my check had been approved and cashed already...IMPOSSIBLE. FURTHERMORE The representative couldn't tell me who cashed it, when it was cashed, and where it was cashed!!!

I got home and immediately placed a fraud alert on my credit profile. I also discovered many people experiencing the same problem with this Certegy Check Services on the internet. After reading many complaints I've compiled a list of places to AVOID using a check to pay or to cash a check at. These places shouldn't get your business if they are using CERTEGY CHECK SERVICES!!!

Here is the list of places to AVOID: Academy Sports, Albertson's, Amazon.com, Bestbuy, Bed Bath & Beyond, Bloomingdales, CompUSA, Circle K, Dillards, Finishline, Foot Locker, GoDaddy.com, Gamestop, Hibberts Sports, Home Depot, Honda Dealerships, Lowes, Microcenter, Office Max, Pet Smart, Pep Boys, Piggly Wiggly, Radio Shack, Sears, Staples, Toyota Dealerships, Walgreens, an WAL-MART!!!

There are probably more places than this using Certegy Check Services. What I do know based on the complaints that I've read so far is the following:

1. Certegy declines your check for no VALID reason often with no explanation.

2. Certegy will send you a form to submit very personal info which they will then sell to third-parties.

3. Certegy will harass you and complicate problems.

4. Certegy will make unauthorized charges to your bank account.

5. Certegy will decline your check regardless of your check history, if your credit is good, and even if you don't HAVE a credit history!!!

6. Certegy can't provide valid explanations regardless of how much info you give them.

7. Certegy will stand by ITS decision even if you've cleared things up with your financial institution.

8. Certegy uses a laughably stupid computer to execute declines on your checks.

9. Certegy has no safeguards at all on the personal data you give them.

I also discovered that Certegy Check Services recently had a class-action lawsuit filed against it in Florida. Certegy also suffered an intrusion of consumer data by a former employee known as William Sullivan. My advice I can give is call the FTC or your congressman. Avoid places that utilize Certegy Check Services.

Jamard
Miami Gardens, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2008 10:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy-Check-Services/internet/Certegy-Check-Services-Paycheck-Declined-Miami-FloridaInternet-403800. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certegy Check Services

Certegy Check Services Paycheck Declined Miami FloridaInternet

AUTHOR: Hellinas - (U.S.A.)

Some companies will go ahead and pre authorize payroll checks in order to make it easier for their employess to cash their checks at banks, etc so when this guy went to cash his payroll check they system was picking up on the pre authorization therefore telling him it had been pre approved.

This would be considered a third party check, correct?

AUTHOR: J G Shrugged - (U.S.A.)

I mean, you weren't trying to cash a check out of your own account, but rather your payroll check. Cashing a check like that won't be accepted, unless you went to customer service and used their payroll check cashing service, which costs money.