Complaint Review: Certegy Payment Recovery Services

• Submitted: Wed, June 06, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 12, 2007

• Reported By:Moorpark California
Certegy Payment Recovery Services
11601 Roosevelt Boulevard Saint Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Certegy Payment Recovery Services Overpayment Refund due me. they deducted from my account AFTER receipt of payment ripoff Saint Petersburg Florida

*Author of original report: My Problem with Certegy has been resolved thanks to the FTC

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Who to Contact

In short I had a return check, which was referred to Certegy. I cleared the check on May 23, 2007 with a Cashier's check. On May 25, 2007, they created a check and deducted the amount from my checking account, again.

They have done this to me 4 times. Each time I call for a refund I am told:

1) "We'll wire the money back into your checking account. This has yet to happen. After it didn't happen when they said it would, I was told they never wire money into accounts.

2) '"We over nighted your refund check via DHL". They refused to give me tracking number and stated it could take days to get tracking info from department who supposedly sent it out. I called DHL today, there is no shipment coming to my home. Another Certegy lie. When I called them back to find out what the deal was, I was told they don't ship via DHL. ANOTHER LIE! Status is unknown regarding my refund of overpayment they had no right deducting from my account.

3) The toll Free number they provide you on letters regarding the return check go to a Voice message that does not give caller option to speak to a representative.

4) When they requests faxes they say it will take 7 or more days to get a response because they are too busy to handle work load.

5) They refuse to provide corporate office telephone number or email address, or request someone from corporate offices contact you by phone.

I filed a complaint with the FTC today. hopefully they can resolve this. Certegy needs to be investigated for poor ethics and lies. They are crooks.

They don't tell the truth and very difficult to do business with. I am keeping a log of every phone call and every person I speak to there.

If anyone out there has the direct line to the corporate offices please post. Also, does anyone know if a Ken Lee is infact President of this company? This is the name a Rae from Certegy gave me today.

Karen
Moorpark, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2007 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy-Payment-Recovery-Services/Saint-Petersburg-Florida-33716/Certegy-Payment-Recovery-Services-Overpayment-Refund-due-me-they-deducted-from-my-account-252755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certegy Payment Recovery Services

My Problem with Certegy has been resolved thanks to the FTC

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

This is an update to my complaint against Certegy. My problem has been resolved. If you have in fact been unjustly mistreated by Certegy and their employees or having trouble at all with them, the best advice I have is to file a complaint against them through the FTC, at the FTC web site.

Then, when you receive a response from the FTC, "forward" (copy/paste) the FTC response to Certegy via the Consumer Inquiry email address found on Certegy's web site.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Who to Contact

AUTHOR: Craig - (U.S.A.)

I'm hoping that I can be of a little help to you, as I used to work for Certegy.

First of all, Certegy was recently bought out by Fidelity Investments, so they are under new management. The so-called president of the company is Renz Nichols. He manages the entire Certegy side of the business. Corporate offices are located in St. Petersburg, but they recently moved to a downtown office, so I don't have a phone number to provide.

Second, if you are able to speak to a CSR there, ask to be transferred to a man named David Money. I know the name seems like a fake, but he is in charge of correspondence in the St. Petersburg office and sometimes handles refunds. And to be honest, the easiest way to get a refund overnighted to you is to demand to speak to a Customer Care supervisor. They can request overnight refunds for overpayments on return checks. Also, Certegy's policy used to be that they had to have an e-mail turn around time of 48 hours. So, if you still haven't received your money, contact them at consumer.inquire@certegy.com.

Finally, if you ever have another return check that Certegy handles, don't send in the payment. They do an automatic draft as soon as they receive the check and usually do the same with your state-allowed service charge. Wait for those drafts and you shouldn't deal with this frustrating situation again.