Complaint Review: Certegy Payment Recovery Services

• Submitted: Fri, September 23, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, September 23, 2005

• Reported By:Spanaway Washington
Certegy Payment Recovery Services
11601 Roosevelt Blvd St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Certegy Payment Recovery Services ripoff!!! CPRS electronically made out a check in my name w/out authorization!!! St. Petersburg Florida

I was online looking at my bank account when I noticed that there was a check that cleared my account for $25.00 with the check number 9999.

I knew I hadn't gone and done an electronically debited check for any credit card payments so I called the 800# and asked if they could tell me who this check was for. They couldn't tell me so they told me they would mail me a copy of the cleared check and if it wasn't something that I had done to go to my local branch and file a fraudulent claim report and I would immediatly get my money back.

Well that was on the 16th and today the 22nd I got the cleared check. ON the front states CPRS...hmmm who is that I wondered and I looked on the back and sure enough I found the words Certegy Payment Recovery Services.

I had no idea who the company was or why they would be just feeling they have the right to make out an electronical check in my name with out my authorization until I found this website. Now I know and first thing in the am tomorrow I am going and getting my money back. I realize that grocers/retailers, etc. have listings of $25.00 nsf fees, but to use a company that just takes the money without billing you or notifying you for clearance, something needs to be done with this company. What a bunch of assholes!!

K
Spanaway, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2005 12:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy-Payment-Recovery-Services/St-Petersburg-Florida/Certegy-Payment-Recovery-Services-ripoff-CPRS-electronically-made-out-a-check-in-my-nam-158042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certegy Payment Recovery Services