Complaint Review: Certegy

• Submitted: Mon, April 04, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, June 26, 2011

• Reported By: Jenwynrose — Goldsboro North Carolina U.S.A.
Certegy
P.O box 30046 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Certegy Sold my account to another company and shows I still owe them after paying trident Tampa , Florida

*Consumer Comment: Dispute It

My credit report file has two different charges one for 79.00 from this company and when I called this company they said I owed 79.00 +25.00 fee for 104.00 and gave me another number to pay wich is trident asset management and they said I owe them 104.00 on my credit report shows both companies and got the run around calling back and forth between these two companies that Certagy should have been reported to the credit report files as a charge off or sold ..... Instead they show both companies and trying to collect two differnt times and looks like two differnt fees on my credit report that really hurt my score and they are making it hard to get ahold of anyone to fix this on my report as paid after I paid the one they sold it to and it should be cleared up but they r giving me the run around

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2011 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certegy/Tampa-Florida-33630/Certegy-Sold-my-account-to-another-company-and-shows-I-still-owe-them-after-paying-tride-713791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certegy

Dispute It

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

Dispute the second charge with the credit bureaus.  I think it is experian that you can do online and the other 2 you have to send them a letter.  Just explain that your report shows that the same account is showing twice and you should be able to get one of them removed.