Presidents

• Submitted: Sat, April 18, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, April 18, 2009

• Reported By:litchfield park Arizona
Certified Car Care Warranty - Choice Warranty
23656 Jennings Rd Myakka City, Florida U.S.A.

Certified Car Care Warranty - Choice Warranty warranty covered component /exclusions inconflict Myakka City Florida

I have had my auto warranty since 8/3/07. The contract,was not cheap but still seemed a good deal as all of the parts they covered. I thought this was a good warranty company until you would not cover my water pump problem that was a covered item as per my warranty.
The warranty has exclusions designed/worded to cancel out covered itmes, and any gray area verbiage is left open to their interpretation therefore at the mercy of the the individual reviewing whether you get the preapproval to get the work done.

My water pump was going out and giving signs of this with large puddles of coolant on the ground. I knew that I had to get this taken care of or risk damage to the engine.
The warranty dept. would not cover this item when the dealership called stating it was just leaking and therfore not all the way broke, And per the exclusions, gasket and seals are not a covered item. The dealership told us that we had been duped by a crappy warranty company and that this type of componant failure on a vehicle is normally always covered with the type of Warranty we had purchased, especially since it clearly stated that the waterpump was a covered item (it seemed a no brainer).

My husband had to tell the service repair company to go ahead and fix it as we could not just leave our mode of transportation sitting torn apart on a rack.
When I called from work later and found out what happened, I told my husband to call the warranty company back and get an explaination as to why a covered item was not being honored.

They again said that exclusions stated in the warranty agreement we purchased say that Leaking seals/gaskets, or worn components are not covered.

He told them that if we had waited for it to freeze up it would cause possible damage to the engine, then they would not cover that either stating that we were negligent in having proper maintainance performed.
They admitted the contract had gray areas for certain items and told him to have the dealership call them back and they would take it to a higher authority.
(They knew it had now been several hours later as my husband had explained all that to them.)

As expected, since the warranty company had first told the dealership NO, and with us needing the vehicle, had the service dept. start the repairs, now the warranty company said NO (again) because they did started repairs without prior approvalto do the work. (Another nice twist).

I would have understood, them not covering the cost of replacement seals and even the thermostat, but the pump was bad and that was a covered item. They should have paid for the pump and the labor associated with replacing it.

This warranty is a waste of consumers hard earned money. I hope this lets all know that even if a contract seems clear cut, there is always the fine print and grey areas that will blow a so called solid contract out of the water. So "Buyer Beware".

Cindy
litchfield park, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2009 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certified-Car-Care-Warranty-Choice-Warranty/Myakka-City-Florida-34251/Certified-Car-Care-Warranty-Choice-Warranty-warranty-covered-component-exclusions-incon-444712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certified Car Care Warranty - Choice Warranty