Complaint Review: Certified Payment Processing

• Updated: Tue, August 21, 2012

• Reported By: Frustrated — Medford New York United States of America
Certified Payment Processing

Certified Payment Processing Why their promises cannot make sense Internet

I never worked for CPP, though like so many others I got a "we read your resume" recruitment pitch.  Based on a job that I have held, however, I can offer some perspective on CPP's promise of "four confirmed appointments each day" as made in the pitch.

Earlier in 2012 I worked for a few months at a outfit that did telephone appointment-setting for a variety of customers in the financial services industry.  One of these customers was a credit card processing company (not CPP).  Over the course of the three or four weeks that we ran a telemarketing campaign for this company, each telemarketer averaged about one appointment per day.  Keep in mind that most of the telemarketers had years of experience, I was about the only  newbie, and we used sophisticated dialing software that allowed us to make a very high volume of calls.  Whenever a telemarketer set an appointment for the credit card processor, a manager would call the customer around 48 hours in advance to confirm the appointment.  Fewer than half of the appointments would get confirmed, I'd estimate that the confirmation rate was no more than 40%.

Even if we are to assume that CPP's telemarketers are twice as good as the ones at the outfit where I worked - an implausible assumption, but let's pretend - and that they have a 50% confirmation rate, that would mean that CPP would need four times as many telemarketers as salespeople if each salesperson really gets four confirmed appointments each day (4 telemarketers x 2 appointments/telemarketer x 50% confirmation rate = 4 confirmed appointments per day).  Is that at all realistic?  You be the judge.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 06:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Certified-Payment-Processing/internet/Certified-Payment-Processing-Why-their-promises-cannot-make-sense-Internet-930621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Certified Payment Processing